Halloween Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Chauvet Hurricane 1700. I need to fill up a small 30X30 area. does anyone also have this fogger the thing is really a beast had the firedept called on my just testing it out. but i will need it for low laying fog. I do havea 32 gallon plastic garbage can with metal tubeing going around in the in side. My idea is to use this as my chiller then run some more metal tubing across the frount yard. has anyone ever tried this. i heard people on hear saying its hard replacing ice and such. could i use normal ice and dry ice. :confused: anyway thanx for looking. i am new so i will post my props later.

·
Registered
309 Posts
I just got the same fog machine and did my own testing Friday night. No fire dept tho thankfully, although I can see how that could happen.

I'm also planning on using the trash can chiller. I didn't have ice the night I was testing but I still ran it thru the trash can. I didn't think the metal tubes would get as hot as they did. I can see how you'll go thru alot of ice. From what I found you can use dry ice and water ice together. The dry ice will still melt but it will slow the melting of the water ice. Again I having tried this yet but that's my plan. I figured I would doanother test and see how fast it really does meltso I know how my h to have on hand that night.

·
Registered
313 Posts
I had a 1700 that i sold to a member here on the forum. The biggest problem you have is the pump forces out SOOO much fog, so fast that it does not have time to cool off. You absolutely need a larger cooler OR a longer run to give the fog time to cool. If your using an igloo cooler with that beast, your results will be disappointing.

My suggestion is to use the trash can method. Plastic trash can, long run of dryer vent hose, packed with ice. Its the only thing that worked for me with that fogger.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i picked this bad boy up for $160 off craigslist no joke. it was a guy who own his own bands. The thing that i also was wondering does fog juice matter because i seen "high end" stuff like "Froggy's Freezin' Fog" and Vortex low laying fog juice. does it matter? i was going to try Froggy's Freezin fog juice and see how thats works with a 32 gallon trash can chiller with metal vent tubing. ooo man so much just for fog. lol

·
Grand Poobah
2,897 Posts
Will it be enough?

I have two Chauvet 1250's and a 650 among my arsenal. Last year I just used one of the big boys and let the other one serve as backup. Your 1700 should be plenty. Play with the timer and buy lots of juice.

Fog chillers simply have not worked for me due to the wind and temperatures, but the amount of fog output more than makes up for it and creates a nice effect on it's own.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I should just wait for the TOTs to come to my house and just blast the with fog.lol I'll try the chiller can with dry ice and ice and a black tube going around the front but i have to wait on my pay day to try it out. I also have a 8 ft grim reaper calling my name at the store.

·
Registered
309 Posts
So mark I see you were using the chiller and the tube/pipe with the holes in it?

I have the trash can method of a chiller and I didn't know if putting a pipe after the chiller would cause too much back pressure but with the length of pipe you did, looks like its not a problem.

I was hoping to do a 20ft length of the pipe. Do you just cap the end and thats it?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts