Halloween Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got most of my stuff up the last weekend of September. Had a few things to finish but I though hey I have time. Fast forward to last week and wife was feeling ill. She had surgery a few weeks ago and after conversations with the Dr he told me to take her to the ER. Took her she had been running a fever. They did a CT scan and found she had an abscess at her surgical location. Dr. wanted to admit her but at his hospital which is in Cincy.

So drove her down and she was admitted last Sat. she was pretty sick. I spent the week down in there with her instead of driving back and forth 2 hours. Finally got her home Friday but she is still on IV antibiotics for another 3 weeks and she has a drain in for the abscess. Thankfully she is feeling better but she is still pretty sick.

Not how I was planning to spend my October and probably my November. So I am playing nurse hooking her up to her IV's and stuff. She did have an idea about saving some of the used IV bags and stuff and using them for Halloween next year :D. I will see if there is some way to do it safely. She has been a trooper.

·
Here to burgle your turts
2,305 Posts
Sending good thoughts your way. Sounds like a really tough week and some bumpiness ahead. Good for her for toughing things out - sounds like she's quite the character. :)

Definitely not the ideal way to spend your Halloween, but you've got a lifetime of those to spend together! And now you got a good excuse for going ALL OUT next year. ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts