Halloween Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So - I'm going as a feral/wild cat this year... and I've got my leggings and some cool gloves, and I'm getting legwarmers or maybe some furry boot covers as well...

But i have absolutely no idea what to wear for a shirt! I was thinking a form fitting leotard that i'd cut up a bit? Or maybe a long sleeved shirt? I really can't decide and need some help!

I also want to put a few scars on my face - nothing too gnarly, but something along the lines of the scar that Scar has in the Lion king - a simple little scar over my eye. What's the best way to go about doing that? What have you done in the past if you ever needed to put scars on your face/body?

Thanks for any suggestions and help!

·
Registered
346 Posts
i'm afraid I know very little about the specifics of creating the eye-scar, but I have an idea or two about the shirt situation. I don't know if you are thinking of wearing something similar to the Broadway show Cats. If not, you could wear a "bad girl" type top. Maybe a minimal corset or tight vest and/or a leather jacket in black or your costume's current color scheme. You could pull elements from the classic biker-look, or maybe 50's tough girl (suddenly Stray Cat Strut runs through my head).
Of course, either of your ideas (leotard or long-sleeved shirt) would work nicely, just make sure you keep the look a little ragged. I'm not sure if spandex in a leotard behaves well when cut-up or at least roughed up, so if you go that way test part of it and make sure it doesn't unravel itself or perpetuate tears. It would also depend on what the weather there is like. A long-sleeved top is likely to be warmer.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Great ideas! I love the biker suggestion, I think it's more fun! And definitely has the look I'm going for... Thanks! :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts