Halloween Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We're having our party in two days. Its this scary Gothic/ Victorian motif (if you've seen my dress, that's the inspiration) and we have wicker furniture. The rest of our stuff is very antique and looks great, but the wicker just doesn't match and I was hoping someone had some creative ideas to cover it up. I have a bunch of scrap fabric, and we thought about the white sheet thing, but we can't spend much money. ANY help would be so appreciated.

THANK YOOOOOOOU!

·
Mourning Rose Manor
2,318 Posts
Lady Brower - for my party I did just do the sheet thing. I used white sheets and black sheets. You can also add to that with cheesecloth stained with coffee or tea, if you want. Sheets are usually really cheap esp. at thrift stores/yard sales.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Well, if it's not a particularly special piece of furniture, hack away at it with a big knife for a few seconds and just tell everyone someone was murdered in that chair. Add some red stains as well. Make the story the spooky part. =)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How many pieces of wicker are you trying to cover? Can you remove any of those pieces from the room? What color fabric including sheets do you have?
Its two chairs, our sofa and loveseat, so it really cant go anywhere, otherwise we're sitting on the floor. I have white and Ivory fabric and red and black tule.

Unfortunately because it is our main seating and do not have to funds to replace it, we cannot destroy anything either.

Slip covers maybe? *sigh*

Thanks for all your help everyone

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys... i found some old sheets hiding away in a truck so I layered them with other old blankets and tattered fabric. Didn't look too bad. Thanks for all your help!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts