Halloween Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This year, I plan on doing a home haunt dedicated to the idea of the Wicked Witch of the West not dying, killing Dorothy, and taking over Oz. What do you think of this?

Any ideas?
I'm basically hitting haunter's block now : P

·
Registered
453 Posts
Well, maybe not kill Dorothy,but ship her back home shoeless.......
Maybe just have the time set pre-Dorothy.
Have your haunt be the Witches Castle.
One room could be the Witches "throne room, complete with crystal ball.
A dungeon area.
A drawbridge.
The Forest of Haunted Trees could be outside,
with flying monkeys perched in them.
Depends on the space you have.
Could be fun.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Is this thread in two different places? If so, why? Let's try to keep things a bit more concentrated to one spot. Thanks.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, maybe not kill Dorothy,but ship her back home shoeless.......
Maybe just have the time set pre-Dorothy.
Have your haunt be the Witches Castle.
One room could be the Witches "throne room, complete with crystal ball.
A dungeon area.
A drawbridge.
The Forest of Haunted Trees could be outside,
with flying monkeys perched in them.
Depends on the space you have.
Could be fun.
I like it! I'll have to see :D

·
Registered
27 Posts
Yeah I like that. Have flying monkeys pulling apart dorthy, the tinman with his heart cut out, the scarecrows brains spilled out somewhere and the lion... could be the culprit. make him were-lion like and very frightening.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Is this thread in two different places? If so, why? Let's try to keep things a bit more concentrated to one spot. Thanks.
DeadTed are you a forum mod? You seem to be policing alot of threads.

To the OP: I really thought that wizard of oz 2 (w/e the name was) was rather sinister. Those creepy guys on roller skates, the desert that ate people, and that room full of heads.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Don't forget to add a bloodstained Green curtain, "Pay no attention to the undead behind the green curtain."

Of course, you could have a Cowardly Lion Rug.
The Tin Man turned into a boiler/still type contraption.
Zombie Dorothy with mutilated Toto.
Scarecrow on a post, pumpkin head with the top lopped off and brains falling out.
Rubie slippers with dismemebered feet still in them.
Piles of dead munckins
If you have a projector, and evil Great and Powerful Oz.
Blood splashed yellow brick road.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Don't forget to add a bloodstained Green curtain, "Pay no attention to the undead behind the green curtain."

Of course, you could have a Cowardly Lion Rug.
The Tin Man turned into a boiler/still type contraption.
Zombie Dorothy with mutilated Toto.
Scarecrow on a post, pumpkin head with the top lopped off and brains falling out.
Rubie slippers with dismemebered feet still in them.
Piles of dead munckins
If you have a projector, and evil Great and Powerful Oz.
Blood splashed yellow brick road.
Thanks for all your great ideas!

·
Registered
994 Posts
Again, I dig this idea!

Some folks already gave some good stuff. I particularly like the "Lion" rug.

The scarecrow with just his torso - maybe in a crawling pose reaching out to the tots - then a trail of straw behind him.
Maybe post a half-dozen signs that say "NO WATER!" and/or "NO H2O BEYOND THIS POINT" -- something like that.

I like Wyatt's idea of making the haunt into the witches castle.

Not sure what surface everyone is walking about, but maybe even using simple yellow sidewalk chalk to make a yellow-brick road up to your door.

What kind of haunt is this? A walk-through, or a walk-up (like they just walk up to the door and turn around?

(PS - I wasn't trying to be a jerk about the double threads - like I said, I like this idea and I didn't want this to get split into two different sections - I think a lot of folks would have missed some good ideas)

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Again, I dig this idea!

Some folks already gave some good stuff. I particularly like the "Lion" rug.

The scarecrow with just his torso - maybe in a crawling pose reaching out to the tots - then a trail of straw behind him.
Maybe post a half-dozen signs that say "NO WATER!" and/or "NO H2O BEYOND THIS POINT" -- something like that.

I like Wyatt's idea of making the haunt into the witches castle.

Not sure what surface everyone is walking about, but maybe even using simple yellow sidewalk chalk to make a yellow-brick road up to your door.

What kind of haunt is this? A walk-through, or a walk-up (like they just walk up to the door and turn around?

(PS - I wasn't trying to be a jerk about the double threads - like I said, I like this idea and I didn't want this to get split into two different sections - I think a lot of folks would have missed some good ideas)
My haunt is a walk through type thing....this year we're extending all the way into the backyard!

I really like the ideas of having all the characters being torn apart or made into a rug(lol) but I really want to stick with my idea of having them warped and made evil by the witch.

I love the idea of the "No Water!" signs! Great idea! Thank you so much!
People will be walking on grass and sometimes a patio, and sometimes concrete haha.

(PS - I wasn't offended at all...you weren't being a jerk! So therefore....we're cool. Haha)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts