Halloween Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
It looks legit to me. I.M. a moderator (try Frankie's Girl). I've been posting for years and have never been vanquished, although I have been censored a few times for using the “R” word too many times.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Looks like the whole thread is gone. Maybe you tried posting after it was possibly deleted by a mod? Not sure why it would have been removed, although I hadn't been following that thread. Like Skeleton Crew said, ping a mod.

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
7,070 Posts
No person/moderator deleted or otherwise did anything to your thread - it is an automatic filtering algorithm.

I strongly suspect there are some links in your post (the "misters" link to the ebay sale of same item would be my guess) that are triggering the automatic moderation. Every time you go in to edit it, it snaps it into "waiting on approval" and a moderator needs to click a little button to tell the site's AI it's okay. I've personally approved it at least 2 times in the last day or so, but I think the algorithm really hates ebay keyword links! :D

(and no you don't have to change it - it's fine and I'll keep on approving it if needed)

The algorithms are supposed to help prevent spam, but it's pretty sensitive. And it isn't targeting anyone or intentionally trying to mess up any legitimate poster/threads. It unapproved one person's post just for a title one time and it took us a little while to figure that one out!

I am on the site at least once a day every day (often much more) and eyeball every single alert, but all of us mods are unpaid volunteers just trying to help as much as we can, so it may take a bit of time for one of us to get in here and get things back in place for things like this.

Please don't take it personally, and I do apologize if it takes longer than a few hours.

·
Registered
523 Posts
No person/moderator deleted or otherwise did anything to your thread - it is an automatic filtering algorithm.

I strongly suspect there are some links in your post (the "misters" link to the ebay sale of same item would be my guess) that are triggering the automatic moderation. Every time you go in to edit it, it snaps it into "waiting on approval" and a moderator needs to click a little button to tell the site's AI it's okay. I've personally approved it at least 2 times in the last day or so, but I think the algorithm really hates ebay keyword links! :D

(and no you don't have to change it - it's fine and I'll keep on approving it if needed)

The algorithms are supposed to help prevent spam, but it's pretty sensitive. And it isn't targeting anyone or intentionally trying to mess up any legitimate poster/threads. It unapproved one person's post just for a title one time and it took us a little while to figure that one out!

I am on the site at least once a day every day (often much more) and eyeball every single alert, but all of us mods are unpaid volunteers just trying to help as much as we can, so it may take a bit of time for one of us to get in here and get things back in place for things like this.

Please don't take it personally, and I do apologize if it takes longer than a few hours.
As a side note I can see the thread again now that it's not in moderation.

·
Registered
13,890 Posts
Don't know how this board works but on another forum I participate on posts get kicked to Waiting for Approval if you edit it one too many times, for the reason of preventing malicious posters I guess. On that board I think I get 2 edits before it bumps it the moderators and then they have your report it to them to make sure they see it and approve it. Kind of pain as I lose count on the edits if I'm thinking too long about something. It has cut down on the spam posts that were being made however and that was even more frustrating to come to the forum to see and wade through.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts