Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why in the world, can the manufacturers not make these animatronics outdoor rated????????
Even after adding plastic and covering all parts, I lost another 3 witches and a tombstone zombi creature today......with no rain today. Who the heck puts a tombstone indoors? It’s absurd.
Add $50 to the thing and make it outdoor ready already. It’s 2019 for gods sake.

Rant over.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Could not agree more with you. So sorry that several of your props puked out. Hope that you can fix them somehow and make them even better than how you bought them.

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
That's why the mass produced props are $200 and custom made professional props are thousands of dollars. Even though a $200 prop is not cheap by most home haunt standards, you get what you pay for. It's not just a weather issue with these, they are not designed and/or built to last, period.

·
Registered
210 Posts
That's why the mass produced props are $200 and custom made professional props are thousands of dollars. Even though a $200 prop is not cheap by most home haunt standards, you get what you pay for. It's not just a weather issue with these, they are not designed and/or built to last, period.
It is almost like you may get one or two seasons out of it. The last three years I have learned a lot with what does and does not work. I will be starting earlier this year and redoing some of my old stuff and also adding in new stuff, that I will extensively document here.

·
Registered
567 Posts
They are garbage. Why anyone buys them, I have no idea. Anyone, with any effort and a little bit of skill, can make things twice as durable that look twice as good and cost half as much.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Crap on a cracker. Today is sucking. First the rain blew out some of my connectors. I got that fixed and then went on to exercise before the night starts and wind blew over two of my Funkins and broke out the teeth. Preparations need to be made next year to prevent all of these things.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Why in the world, can the manufacturers not make these animatronics outdoor rated????????
Even after adding plastic and covering all parts, I lost another 3 witches and a tombstone zombi creature today......with no rain today. Who the heck puts a tombstone indoors? It’s absurd.
Add $50 to the thing and make it outdoor ready already. It’s 2019 for gods sake.

Rant over.
Agree. We have had tons of rain here is Roswell,Ga this year. I have 10 animations bought and built + 5 fog machines I bring in and out depending on rain. Sucks! I'm building water proof covers for them in 2020.

See attached pics of our 480ScareYard Haunt. We've had 300+ walk through so far this year.
Video too large to upload, Ideas?

Attachments

·
Registered
210 Posts
Agree. We have had tons of rain here is Roswell,Ga this year. I have 10 animations bought and built + 5 fog machines I bring in and out depending on rain. Sucks! I'm building water proof covers for them in 2020.

See attached pics of our 480ScareYard Haunt. We've had 300+ walk through so far this year.
Video too large to upload, Ideas?
Putting it on Youtube works for me most of the time.

·
The Mrs. to a MysterE
2,361 Posts
Add $50 to the thing and make it outdoor ready already. It’s 2019 for gods sak

Rant over.
AMEN!!

·
Registered
150 Posts
Why my stuff goes into a car port that is covered. And where the front door is I keep things away from it. Discussing about going horizontal next year at the campground need to think about how to keep it semi water tight during the week think of adding a couple of doors that close.

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
I bought TONS from the stores this year and didn't use any of it because of the high winds and rain....I started learning how to use fiberglass in molds last year but didn't finish any projects...That stuff is waterproof so I really need to mess with it more this year....I casted a lot of parts but still figuring out the mold process....I've got all kinds of store bought props I can get castings from...Want to try fiberglassing plywood too....Also casted a skull onto a rock with quickcrete cement...That's been setting out in the front since the summer and hasn't moved anywhere since I put it there!....ZR

·
Registered
60 Posts
There was zero rain or wind here yet after 5 minutes of building the winter dragon, it collapsed onto my little nephew (hes fine, thankfully).. the dragon not so. Part of the base came away that supports the entire prop. I was really excited to see this prop on eBay (UK) as animatronics are hard to come by over here, more so the large ones. I planned the whole theme around it and because that happened everything else went to :poop:. I won't be buying animated props anymore as they are can be ridiculously expensive over here compared to the US.

Anyway, I do agree they should be weatherproof!!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts