Halloween Forum banner

Why I Have Grey Hair!

1548 15
So I went to rebuild, for the fifth time in five years, the wings on my Creeper figure, and I reach for my staple gun and... it's not in the tool box. I check my other tool box, and nothing. I check the kitchen, bedrooms, car trunks, everywhere... no staple gun. So I go up to Lowes and buy yet another new one and tell the cashier I have to buy one of these things every, single, year because my kids take it to do something with and never put it back. I told him someday I'm going to open a box stashed away somewhere and 20 or 30 staple guns will rain out.

So I get back home, and my sons are working on putting up their maze walls, and within 30 seconds of me getting out of the car my oldest son says "Oh hey, you bought another staple gun. Did you buy staples too?" When I said yes, he started looking at the gun and I could see his mind getting ready to ask, so I said "No, you can't. Now put it down and don't touch it!"

I'm guessing when I get home tonight... it will be gone.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· His name is Roger Clyne
10,961 Posts
I went to do my pumpkins Monday after work & couldn't find my hot knife so I thought my husband would know where it is or maybe he put it somewhere I didn't look. Nope. So I ordered a new one that should be here tomorrow which, as we all know, means the other one will show up.

Yes, I should have started on this many weeks ago but I didn't as many of us don't. So now there's nearly 20 fake pumpkins sitting in a corner & I've decided that I'll get done what I can get done & the hell with the rest.

· His name is Roger Clyne
10,961 Posts
I have a small screwdriver that will take out those damn little screws that hold battery doors on & after losing it every year I have now learned it goes right next to where I sit on the sofa in the corner of a little box. When me or my husband are done with it, it goes right back there. I got tired of losing it in the great Halloween Battery Shuffle so it's the ONE THING that goes back where it's supposed to go.

I try to take out those little screws if they're not needed but for some things they're the only thing to hold the door shut so I need keep to the screwdriver handy.

Still haven't found the hot knife. New one should be home when I get home from work today.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.