Halloween Forum banner

Why I Have Grey Hair!

1546 15
So I went to rebuild, for the fifth time in five years, the wings on my Creeper figure, and I reach for my staple gun and... it's not in the tool box. I check my other tool box, and nothing. I check the kitchen, bedrooms, car trunks, everywhere... no staple gun. So I go up to Lowes and buy yet another new one and tell the cashier I have to buy one of these things every, single, year because my kids take it to do something with and never put it back. I told him someday I'm going to open a box stashed away somewhere and 20 or 30 staple guns will rain out.

So I get back home, and my sons are working on putting up their maze walls, and within 30 seconds of me getting out of the car my oldest son says "Oh hey, you bought another staple gun. Did you buy staples too?" When I said yes, he started looking at the gun and I could see his mind getting ready to ask, so I said "No, you can't. Now put it down and don't touch it!"

I'm guessing when I get home tonight... it will be gone.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
2,287 Posts
My grey hair comes from the same thing every year....the SPIDERS! It makes the whole house absolutely insane! Every year we put them in a special place so we know where they are because they must go up on the ceiling in the beginning. Its those cheap strips that hang from the ceiling and have mylar spiders on them. We use 12 of these strips and they go on the ceiling in the spell & potion room & the frightening foyer. Last year I really took time & packed everything away so we could be more organized this year. We spent 2 weeks trying to find those spiders. There are so many places at our house that halloween stuff gets stored.

Finally I waltzed into Big Lots one afternoon and there they were 5 packages of them. I bought them. We put one up and found they are almost 2 feet shorter than the ones i have plus not so many spiders on them but still the same price. I had been checking for them in other stores, Spirit, Party City....no one had them. There are a few other items packed with them and I had to have that stuff right away so I went to the basement and down the stairs I stood there and on the long counter we have they they were. Also along with that tote was the tote with all the scene setters and things of that nature....we'd been hunting that too!

How in the world we did not see them is beyond both of us. There's gotta be 75 totes down there with everything under the sun, winter clothes, all my candy business supplies. Seriously there were so out in the open ......makes ya feel like you are losing your mind. Question is.........where are they being stored after this season. I took the other packages back to Big Lots.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.