Halloween Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I went to rebuild, for the fifth time in five years, the wings on my Creeper figure, and I reach for my staple gun and... it's not in the tool box. I check my other tool box, and nothing. I check the kitchen, bedrooms, car trunks, everywhere... no staple gun. So I go up to Lowes and buy yet another new one and tell the cashier I have to buy one of these things every, single, year because my kids take it to do something with and never put it back. I told him someday I'm going to open a box stashed away somewhere and 20 or 30 staple guns will rain out.

So I get back home, and my sons are working on putting up their maze walls, and within 30 seconds of me getting out of the car my oldest son says "Oh hey, you bought another staple gun. Did you buy staples too?" When I said yes, he started looking at the gun and I could see his mind getting ready to ask, so I said "No, you can't. Now put it down and don't touch it!"

I'm guessing when I get home tonight... it will be gone.

·
Somewhat Eccentric
2,363 Posts
Too funny! :D I have to hide tools from my husband all of the time! I did managed to keep a socket set hidden for two years before he "borrowed" it. It's never been complete since. :D But if I were to be totally honest, I have a habit of losing pens and X-acto knives. Pens always seem to disappear when I'm around and why is it the X-acto knife is never there when I need it? My MIL buys at least one staple gun a year but thankfully we're not the ones who borrow it and never return it. :D

·
Registered
902 Posts
Hahaha I can't blame anyone but myself, I get in a hurry and put tools down in a stupid place, can't find them, buy another and then find it in December,lol. so I have like 3 of everything...

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
My grey hair comes from the same thing every year....the SPIDERS! It makes the whole house absolutely insane! Every year we put them in a special place so we know where they are because they must go up on the ceiling in the beginning. Its those cheap strips that hang from the ceiling and have mylar spiders on them. We use 12 of these strips and they go on the ceiling in the spell & potion room & the frightening foyer. Last year I really took time & packed everything away so we could be more organized this year. We spent 2 weeks trying to find those spiders. There are so many places at our house that halloween stuff gets stored.

Finally I waltzed into Big Lots one afternoon and there they were 5 packages of them. I bought them. We put one up and found they are almost 2 feet shorter than the ones i have plus not so many spiders on them but still the same price. I had been checking for them in other stores, Spirit, Party City....no one had them. There are a few other items packed with them and I had to have that stuff right away so I went to the basement and down the stairs I stood there and on the long counter we have they they were. Also along with that tote was the tote with all the scene setters and things of that nature....we'd been hunting that too!

How in the world we did not see them is beyond both of us. There's gotta be 75 totes down there with everything under the sun, winter clothes, all my candy business supplies. Seriously there were so out in the open ......makes ya feel like you are losing your mind. Question is.........where are they being stored after this season. I took the other packages back to Big Lots.

·
His name is Roger Clyne
10,484 Posts
I went to do my pumpkins Monday after work & couldn't find my hot knife so I thought my husband would know where it is or maybe he put it somewhere I didn't look. Nope. So I ordered a new one that should be here tomorrow which, as we all know, means the other one will show up.

Yes, I should have started on this many weeks ago but I didn't as many of us don't. So now there's nearly 20 fake pumpkins sitting in a corner & I've decided that I'll get done what I can get done & the hell with the rest.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Yeah that works for me...that's why I have grey hair too...I'll go with that excuse. ;)

I dread it when I see my son anywhere near my tools. He has half a basement full of them but he still has to use mine because of course he can never find what he needs in his messy pile. I don't have much in the way of tools but mine are organised. *sigh*

RCIAG at least your pumpkins are fake and you don't have to get to them before they rot.

I need to start buying funkin punkins, or whatever they are called, pumpkins here are almost $2 a pound.

Marie

·
His name is Roger Clyne
10,484 Posts
What's this "grey hair" you speak of? I know not of this thing.

**hidesusedL'OrealRR07boxbehindpumpkinpile**

·
Registered
320 Posts
I feel your pain. I constantly tell my wife and daughter, "I have ONE rule, put it back where you found it!". My wife shrugs her shoulders and says, "Calm down crazy." But she's the one making me crazy. I'd better post this before she reads it.

·
Blue Pill? or Red Pill?
4,247 Posts
Yep - but I am the organized one of the bunch. I really put stuff back where it goes 90% of the time. (no one is perfect...:D
But of course when he can't find one of his tools....its usually my fault and its really not. DH hardly ever puts stuff away. The scissors! Oh I have a couple pair hidden that are nice ones. One of my kids broke the handle iof a nice pair I had in half! How does that even happen?? No one answers....crickets sound now.....

·
Registered
738 Posts
This always happens - especially during "Go Time"! "Scissors, Duct Tape - who took the Freakin' Duct Tape?!?" - oh it's where I left it on the top of the ladder. ;) I'm sure haunters are some of the best prepared home improvement, DIYers out there. I'm just waiting for my wife to add some kind of paper mache, chicken wire, faux-finish concoction to the honey-do list so I can show her what I'm really made of...

·
His name is Roger Clyne
10,484 Posts
I have a small screwdriver that will take out those damn little screws that hold battery doors on & after losing it every year I have now learned it goes right next to where I sit on the sofa in the corner of a little box. When me or my husband are done with it, it goes right back there. I got tired of losing it in the great Halloween Battery Shuffle so it's the ONE THING that goes back where it's supposed to go.

I try to take out those little screws if they're not needed but for some things they're the only thing to hold the door shut so I need keep to the screwdriver handy.

Still haven't found the hot knife. New one should be home when I get home from work today.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts