Halloween Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Somewhat Eccentric
2,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I sit here on my MIL's porch waiting for the mailman to pick up my cards and my Secret Reaper 2 gift, I'm reminded of a conversation I had with my MIL last evening. We spend about 75% of nights here as it seems our house is either full of drywall dust, sawdust or smells too much of fresh paint. Last evening was the second evening in a row where I brought my container of paints and continued to work on two of my gifts. She asked if I was planning to store what I was working until next year to which I replied "No, this one's a gift. I have to mail it tomorrow." She asked who I was mailing it to and if I actually knew this person. I told her that no I didn't really know this person but we belong to the same forum and everyone I've "met" there has been really nice. I explained how the Secret Reaper works and she gave me one of those glances and walked away. I don't expect her to understand it. She's more of a social person than I am, though the friends I do have are the "tried and true" kind who don't judge me and are there to lend a hand as I would also do for them.

I found this forum by accident a few years ago and decided to join. I wasn't very active at first, but I was amazed at the projects and the amount of people who love Halloween as much as I do. I've been more active in the past year and even decided to try my hand at a few new projects and even found the courage to post pictures of my work. The response was amazing and was a great boost to my confidence. :) I can truly say I feel at home here. After all, where else can you say that you'd like to build a coffin or have corpses coming out of the ground and still be considered perfectly "normal?" :D:D:D

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I love it here--it's like a second home. Thanks to the moderators and all those who participate as you are the ones who make the forum what it is! I love you guys! :D:D:D

·
Registered
333 Posts
I couldn't have said it any better. Before I found this site, I wanted to decorate more, but I never realized how much you could do. Actually, The first thing I did off of this site was thickening up some Dollar Tree tombstones, inspired by your post, lizzyborden. I liked it so much that I moved onto other things, and now can't imagine what I did before that. So, thank you for introducing me to the prop building scene. Thank you very much. :D

·
Somewhat Eccentric
2,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I couldn't have said it any better. Before I found this site, I wanted to decorate more, but I never realized how much you could do. Actually, The first thing I did off of this site was thickening up some Dollar Tree tombstones, inspired by your post, lizzyborden. I liked it so much that I moved onto other things, and now can't imagine what I did before that. So, thank you for introducing me to the prop building scene. Thank you very much. :D
Aww...shucks...:eek: Thanks. Glad that my tombstones inspired you. :D I pulled mine out a few days ago and need to touch them up a bit.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Very well put. Before I joined the forum I was a lurker. Why???? Because there are so many forums out there (not just Halloween) where people are just mean. They criticize and belittle and I had no desire to be a part of that. I can honestly say I have NEVER seen that happen on this site. Any criticism/critique is always constructive and well meaning. I think it's a great bunch of people on here and kudo's to the moderators, cause I have no idea what goes on behind the scenes, just how great of an experience it is when I'm looking through all the posts.

·
The Great Crazy
42,937 Posts
:cool:Totally agree I have met a ton of great people with great ideas here on HF. Its always nice to see when new members post pics and ideas! If I had never found HF not sure where I would be at in building my Halloween display:eek::D

·
Far Away Eyes
3,354 Posts
My husband completely understands the whole Secret Reaper exchange, and he encourages me to participate. He thinks it is very cool that people from all over the country (and world) will make and send Halloween items to each other. I love each of my SR gifts, remember who gave them to me, and proudly display them each year. Also, I feel like you kind of get to know people in the process of finding out their likes and their talents when they send you something.

The ideas you can get here are just as valuable. My whole carnival theme this year is based on other members' projects that were posted here last year. Posting photos of my own projects helps me keep track of what I have and what I have made through the year. So I do it for my own use as well as any help it may be to others.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Hi All, great post by the way! I just wanted to say that I was completely drawn to Hallloween Forum when I found it in late August of this year. I immediately signed up and started to post - and I have never signed up for any online forum in the past! I too am grateful for this forum and all the truly wonderful people, ideas, craftsmanship & inspiration you all provide. It's really amazing!

Am thankful to be part of this forum and glad to have been welcomed into this Halloween family. I love you guys! :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts