Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Monster Collector
3,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A long time ago, in this thread: http://www.halloweenforum.com/paranormal-and-the-unexplained/132984-do-you-believe-ghosts.html, I answered simply, "yes".

Now, I just want to share "why" I believe. I have seen things and I have experienced things. Ever since I was a young child. I'm going to share some of these things. Now, I'm not expecting my stories to be ground breaking testimony that will change a non believers or a skeptics mind. These are simply the reasons why I, as an individual, believe. Also, I'm just not talking of "ghosts". I mean "all" of the mysteries of our world, so let me begin.

I live in Ohio, raised in a normal household setting. Standard family dynamics of parents, grandparents, cousins, etc. There is nothing there out of the ordinary to effect me in any negative way. The furthest back I remember is around the age of 4. My Mom has actually remembered some of these occurrences and is actually shocked that I myself remember some of these. When I was 4, my Mom and me were home alone, Dad was working afternoon shift. She was taking a shower and the phone rang. My Mom yelled out to me to answer the phone and tell whoever it was she would them back. I do not remember the exact conversation. I just remember it was a female, general questions, and for me to tell Mom who had called. When my Mom got out of the shower and asked me who it was, I of course told her. I remember the look on her face was that of both shock and anger. She didn't believe me of who it was and started yelling at me demanding I tell her who had actually called. I just remember crying and telling her the same name over and over. My Mom has confirmed what I remember and that she called every family member and friend trying to find out who had called. This was the early 70's, no caller ID. lol Not one person admitted to calling. After everything had settled down I asked my Mom why she didn't believe me. The person I said who called passed away a week earlier.

My Grandparents lived on a large 2 home lot with woods behind the property. My cousins would often times ride their 4 wheelers back there when everyone was over visiting. I always had an odd feeling going too far back. Eventually my Grandpa told me the story of Indians that use to live in this area and how my Dad and Uncle would always go exploring finding arrow heads and other relics. He said there are still 2 remaining totem poles still standing back deep in the woods. One day my parents dropped me off at my Grandparents while they went on some trip. I decided that I was going to go try to find this spot my Grandpa told me about. I remember eventually coming into a high grass clearing that had a high hill just behind. In the middle, half deteriorated or cut or whatever, stood 2 totems. I just remember getting that uneasy feeling the minute I saw them. I don't remember time or anything, but what happened was I remember strong breeze that sent a chill all through me. I stood there staring at the totems and that's when I saw a white figure, only from about mid torso with long hair pulled back, rise between the totems in the high grass, stay there for only a moment, then drop back down. I looked directly at it, into it's eyes. It scared the hell out of me. I just remember running back as fast I could until I finally made it back to my Grandparents property. My legs were like rubber.

Through my teenage years I had a very close friend that lived a bit out in the country. We would often times have all nighters of playing video games, listening to music, having deep discussions, lol, whatever. His house, or as he told me, the whole property was haunted. His whole family had experienced things and became use to it. I also experienced some happenings including orbs, unexplained lights on the property, lights going on and off, shadows, and foot steps.

Going into some of the other things, outside of ghosts and spirits, that I have experience seem silly and just unbelievable. I'm going to share them anyway. Another incident when I was very young was at my other set of Grandparents who lived in an apartment complex. We were leaving, it was dark, and my Grandma was out on their balcony waving goodbye. Up in the sky something caught my eye. It was fairly low, had lights flashing around it as it was round in shape. I pointed up and asked what it was to my parents and I remember there being other people out and everyone looking up. Again, my Mom has confirmed this, as has my Dad, for the true definition, I was an Unidentified Flying Object. They said it even made the papers as there was other sightings. Again, this was late 70's, early 80's. Through the years it is well documented of Ohio UFO sightings. Just a few years back I actually stopped my car in the middle of a bridge on my way to pick my wife up at work because "something" was flying over head. There were a couple of other people who also got out of their cars to look at it. My friend, who also works with my wife and I still talks about how shell shocked I looked when telling them about it.

This other "occurrence" was also when I was younger. In Cub Scouts to be exact. The whole troop went on a big camping trip. I can't remember where. We were allowed to go out and explore but to stay in groups. I, of course, got separated by wondering off. Again, I can't remember exact details. I just remember seeing something in the brush. Big, animal like. It scared me to death and I screamed. This thing ran out of the brush and I saw what I have always called a Bigfoot. I know believe it mat have been an Ohio Grassman sighting. Who knows. I do remember that the scout master, who was also an experienced hunter took some of the other adults out to check around. My parents have told me that they found broken limbs and part of a track on their investigation. I guess that is why they folded up the camping trip the next day. I just remember them saying that there was a mistake in the booking of the camp site and we had to leave, but years later it was told to me that real reason why.

I'm also not going to get into the many, many experiences of deja vu that I have had. Not just a "hey, this seems familiar" type thing. I'm talking full blown, stop me in my tracks, frozen stiff "my God, this has happened before" experience. And this has happened just recently up at work with others around me asking if I was alright.

Again, you can take or leave these stories that I have shared. These are just the reasons that I believe. Thanks for reading.

-Eric

·
Registered
20,825 Posts
Some pretty interesting stuff there, Eric. Just because things cannot be seen by human eyes certainly does not mean that they definitively do not exist (microscopic bacteria, anyone?). As for Bigfoot and aliens, the real reason why they seem to be so rarely glimpsed is likely that they are smart enough to know to avoid the scourge that is humanity, with the mentality of "If it is different, we must poke it with a sharp stick, cage it, or kill it!!"

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
I too thank you for sharing, Eric.
Last October as I was doing my front (first) room routines a young girl asked me why I believe in the Supernatural?
I simply told the plain truth:" If You had seen what I have seen and heard what I have heard, you would believe in them too!"
I sometimes comically illustrate how it happens for some people:"I don't believe in ghosts or supernatural things,WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT ! ?"
Tell me all about this stuff! How does it work, what does it mean?"
It can happen So Quickly. Non-believer-"Bing! "Believer!
This last October 31st it was 11 O'Clock PM. There were maybe six people sitting on the couch at the North end of the living room. I held a small flashlight in my hand, it was turned "On", I am pointing it toward the South East corner. A female mannequin wearing a long white dress stands there, I said some words that I almost always say:"You should Never invite a ghost into your house."
As that last word, "House" ended , something went "Crash" from behind the television, almost where the light from my flashlight was focused. Something had hit the floor.. it was a plastic toy I actually do use sometimes to affect a scare on customers with.
I keep it wedged between the TV and the wooden window frame. It had never fallen before that night, nor has it fallen since that night.
On October 31st it fell "right on cue!"
A second after it hit the floor loudly, I took one step backward, keeping the light still pointed toward that corner and I said, "O-k?"

Earlier that last October as my Wife and our newest employee, Geoff were sitting in the front room, Geoff misspoke and accidently said the word "Fart"!
The word was barely from his mouth when the Fart Machine activated from behind the couch at the other end of the room!
My Wife immeadiatly raised both of her hands, with palms showing, she did not have the remote control for that machine in her hand. The control was on top of the television about 8 feet away from her!
Talk about something and it turns "ON"! (Not the first or only time such an incident such as that has happened.)
If there is such a thing as "Coincidental Mathematics", I am sure we have gone beyond mere coincidence no matter what those odds may be.

·
Monster Collector
3,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This is a more recent story that I just shared, thought I'd post it in the thread as well.

About 4 years ago I took over the organizing of our works participation in the cities Halloween parade. Part of the responsibility is taking the entry form to City Hall. Our downtown area has a haunted history, especially the building where out Hall is located. I knew of the stories, but the first time I was ever going to actually be in the building was that first year I had to submit the entry form. I remember I had to run it in right after I got off work and was in a hurry. Not much on my mind other than all the errands I was going to have to do that day. There are 2 sets of doors you walk into. I ran up the steps, opened the first door, reached for the second door and entered. About 3 feet in I froze. Literally. I have always heard about how "the room feels heavy". Never understood that description until that day. I felt like there were eyes watching me and that there was literally something holding me in place. It wasn't until one of the workers happened to walk out of one of the offices and saw me that I was able to move again. I walked into the office of the woman that organizes the parade, smiled, handed her the form, and walked out. Never saying a word. I couldn't. I left that place so fast I honestly do not remember leaving until I was out on the steps. Once I got back into my car I just sat there for about 15 minutes trying to figure out what just happened. It was so strange to me, but also a bit enlightening because I then understood some of the things that I always heard about. Since then I have been in the building about 8 times for various reasons. I always take time to look around at the various pictures and craftsmanship of the building itself. It's quit beautiful in there. I always have a grin on my face now too.

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
The Caroline Mark Home here in Mount Carroll was built over 100 years ago. It provides free living space for elderly women who are residents of this county. It is supported by many farms once owned by Mr. Mark. When they built this Mr. Mark had already died from crossing a stream on horseback, the horse threw him, he hit his head on a rock. (Or maybe someone "helped"? He had bought many farms for a fraction of what they were worth from the old Homesteaders who didn't realize the New economics of farm land values.
When this Home was built they lowered a huge steel rivets water tank into the basement. It is maybe 50 feet long by 12 feet high?
It is all very rusty now, but still very ominuis in it's size, coloring and lethal potential, if it was full and sprung a big leak and you were in the basement.
Or maybe I feel strange seeing it because it resembles some old creature my primitive ancestors had to fight before the invention of steel and gunpowder?
I worked in this basement for several days installing a new steam boiler, but that was not in the same room with the big, scary water tank from Hell!

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Eric, very interesting stories. I've seen one spirit in daytime, and know many friends and family who have seen spirits, including my wife several times. I also follow all aspects of cryptozoology, and find your story fascinating. E-mail me if you ever have any similar stories or further elaboration. Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
This also happened in the daylight, but it had been a foggy day.
Our High School Football field was sort of a lonely place then, just cornfields to the South border of it, with a steep grassy bank to the North.
It was after school, so it was at least 4:00. There weren't many of us there that dismal day, but I believe more of us saw him than just one or two people.
He was seen standing maybe just 20 feet away from us, just looking at us. He was wearing a tall starched collar as was maybe fashionable during the 1890's?
He was wearing a grey suit that may have had thin lines patterned through the wool suit coat?
HE had a thin, young face, short dark hair.
A gust of damp, cold air hit our faces, we turned away, grimacing, looked back and he was gone.
There were no places he could have ducking into or anything at all to hide behind.
The nearest tree was 25 feet away, and it was not a big tree (the "Hiding" kind)
This football field had once been a cornfield.
One of the oldest houses in this town is a stone house at the East end of the football field, after you cross the street. We were maybe 200 yards from the stone house.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
I'm never believed in UFOs until I saw one in 2001. I was a naval aircrewman for ten years, and worked with flight crews for another 15 years. I've got close to 3,000 flight hours in various military aircraft and almost that many in civilian planes. It it's flow, I've likely seen it or been in it, so I know a good deal about how aircraft look and perform from the ground and from the air.

I was working for Naval Air Systems Command at NAS Patuxent River, MD and we lived in a house that was directly under the departure path for Reagan International so we saw planes flying over at about 8,000-10,000 feet all the time. One night shortly after the 9/11 attacks, my wife and I were outside and she looked up and said "that plane is really moving!" I looked up and saw a bright white light coming towards our house, slightly off the track for a Reagan departure but close enough that I didn't think much of it. Not far behind it was a white light with anti-collision lights flashing, and it was quickly falling behind the lead plane.

It's very hard to judge speed over distance at night since there are no reference points, and all we had that night were the two planes. I told her that most likely the lead plane was a business jet and the slower plane behind it was one of the turbo-prop puddle jumpers that also operate out of the airport, and that's why the lead plane looks like it's flying so much faster. But I kept watching the lead aircraft and I had to admit it looked like it was really hauling ***.

The next day I get to work, and everyone is abuzz about a supposed UFO over DC the night before. Shortly after 9/11, the USAF put up a Combat Air Patrol over Washington DC in case of any more terrorist attacks, and what we had seen the night before was not a turbo prop following a business jet but a USAF F-16 on afterburner chasing after a UFO that buzzed the city. I told my bosses that the lead aircraft was going so fast it made the trailer look slow, and if that trailer was an F-16 on the cans... that UFO was really moving... like supersonic moving. I was asked if I heard any sonic booms, and I said no, now did we hear any powerplant noise at all.

So whatever we saw that night was moving at about 1,200 MPH and making no noise, and there's nothing anyone knew of that could do that.

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
A classmate of mine in Collage told the entire class how he had been operating a Radar unit one night in the far East and he saw a very fast craft speeding through the area!
"It's just a "Glitch " on your screen,no plane is that fast." (Nor could ANY Plane stop so quickly from such high speeds, or turn a 90 degree turn at such high speeds!
He contacted the other US radars around the area.
Everyone of them had seen The Same Thing on their Radar screens!
So between Japan,the Philippines and other Radars nearby, they had all seen the same thing!

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Look up"The Hudson Valley UFO".
A huge number of people all saw a very large,slow-moving "craft" of some sort floating through the air.
Some believe there may be very large caves near there where such a thing could hide.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I saw a UFO at our last house about 2 years ago. I always go in the pool before I go to bed, maybe around 11:00. We had a great southern exposure view, and I'm a star gazer, so I naturally was looking up. To the south, I saw a light moving at what I consider a normal speed, but it was growing steadily brighter. I watched in fascination as it continued to brighten, and then it turned at 90 degrees, growing even brighter yet. I knew this was something really unusual, and I thought this thing was going to flare and go out, and that's exactly what it did. Planes don't turn 90 degrees, or satellites, and I've seen a lot of shooting stars over the years as well. I know what I saw, and it had no easy explanation. Our son and his friend saw several red lights the next night, which I didn't see. I also have friends that swear they've seen UFOs, some of them very low to the ground, and seen by their neighbors at the same time. Interesting stuff. One of the most intriguing was another friend of mine who had an experience in the navy. He was commissioned on a destroyer, I believe, and while on deck on watch, he and several others saw a bright light coming up from the ocean. He said it grew bright, actually broke the surface, and went into the air, vanishing in the distance. His commanding officer was there as well, and told all of them "you didn't see that." Great story. Me? I believe.

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
About 50 yrs. ago as I sat watching the sky and stars in a shady backyard a black "box" slowly moved across the Moon.
The Black Box had four 90 degree corners with hard,straight edges between those 90s.
I still can't imagine what it may have been?

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
My small home town, where I still reside, Mount Carroll, ill. seems to have quite a few "Stories" here concerning ghostly things.
I just realized a few weeks ago how odd it is that even though my Mothers Family and My Father's families have lived in or near this town for 180 years,and i have heard tons of history and stories about things here, nobody had ever told me that my house was Haunted , until after I bought it! (To make into a Haunted Attraction!)
I have been told by people trying to sell some houses here about "things' that have happened (In this state if the house you are selling has any "Haunted history" and it is not disclosed, you may see some court-time and have to give back all the purchase price , plus "Damages"!) not all states have such a law.

One weekend afternoon as the house door was open and prospective buyers were coming and going as the widow stood by to greet people along with the Realtor and some others ,everything was going smoothly, then another couple appeared in the open doorway, as they began coming inside a rather distinctive voice from behind everyone said ,"Hello! come on in!"
The widow, the Realtor, and some neighbors all shuddered, some immediately ran out the front door seeking the street , these were the ones who recognized the voice, it belonged to the Deceased Husband. (I wonder what kind of a "Deal" he would have given a buyer?
The widow somehow managed to blame the realtor for this, and the widow fired them.

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
A few miles North of here there was a very new house that caught fire, was saved but burnt and smoked up. Months later after repairs had been made the adjustor was told to go to the house and take some pictures of the completed work.
He was still using an old Polaroid camera. He was shook up when the paper was pulled from the negative and there was the front door of the house all charred and burnt. (Did he take the "Fire" picture and forget to remove that picture? ) He didn't think that that was possible.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts