Halloween Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can somebody tell me why the forum times out on you so quickly? I can't tell you how many long and thoughtful posts I've written in reply to somebody or other that never get posted because because I've been timed out. When I first joined in 2002, this was never an issue. You could sign in and remain signed in all day if you liked. Now you get dumped every time you AFK for a few minutes. It's really annoying!

·
Funeral Crasher
7,463 Posts
I have that problem sometimes.
My suggestion would be that if you are writing a long post, hit the "Go Advanced" button every so often. This will let the site know you are still actively using it.
Then you won't lose your post.

·
Registered
20,817 Posts
Not recently, but I have had that happen, and it certainly is frustrating. What I tend to do if I am writing a long response (PMs, especially) is copy the text that I have typed, just in case. (Highlight and right-click, then 'copy')

·
Premium Member
2,730 Posts
I believe your session ends after 20 minutes. It was a little longer the first few years but not much longer. Personally if I write something super long I will either go into advanced and preview page (that starts the session timer over) or super long things I create offline first.

Also keep in mind that browsers and extensions can also affect sessions based on your settings.
Can somebody tell me why the forum times out on you so quickly? I can't tell you how many long and thoughtful posts I've written in reply to somebody or other that never get posted because because I've been timed out. When I first joined in 2002, this was never an issue. You could sign in and remain signed in all day if you liked. Now you get dumped every time you AFK for a few minutes. It's really annoying!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts