Halloween Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
7,007 Posts
I just did a search on this site, and saw nothing recent about Fitco, and they appear to have gone out of business years ago for some reason. They were a mass produced prop/novelty item maker, and sold cheap-ish props.

Most Halloween prop companies that cater to the home haunter produce items that are made very cheaply and not meant to last longer than a few seasons. Mostly, if your animatronics are working after 3+ years, you're very lucky. ;)

Professional haunters would be unlikely to use Fitco (or Gemmy) stuff since they aren't really the target buyer anyway, and these type of props would break down with the constant usage in a real haunt that runs for 10 hours a day, 2-3 months at a time during the season. Pros would use more expensive professionally-built props that are made with heavy duty gears/metal parts with better overall construction.

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
I've had pretty good luck buying from Trendy Halloween. Imagine my surprise when some of the things came with Fitco on the boxes. Looks to have a 'new' name.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts