Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few years ago everyone had fantastic led stake lights. Gemmy Fire and Ice Especially. Last year they were hard to find and it’s not looking much better this year.
Any ideas why and where to find them these days?

·
Registered
13,830 Posts
Ebay of course. Most reasonable prices and then not--like an orange/red one for $126.48 and that's on sale from $151.78! But they throw in free shipping, such a deal. I'd look on ebay first and compare prices. Right now before halloween would be the best time probably.

Home Depot will probably carry some. They seemed to have a good selection of Gemmy lighting last year. They always have their colored spot lights sold under their own brand (but made by Gemmy) and those can be found discounted or on sale some times.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I just searched amazon and they had a bunch for like $30. Right now they are probably super popular, and everyones getting them. id say give it another 2 to 3 years and then they'll be back in the shelf. I remember this same thing happened with icicle lights.

·
Registered
13,830 Posts
Spirit Halloween usually has a display of them in the stores. At the beginning of the season if you go under Locations, there has been a coupon for 20% off one item. I also recall that some of the drug store chains carried some of the fire and ice lights, thinking CVS in particular. If you are signed up for their rewards program, they usually will have sales on halloween during the season (but you need the card to take advantage of). Also some of the grocery stores at least in my area stocked a few. Walmart last year had some on their site once halloween was listed.

Fire and Ice staked lights were super popular a few years ago when they first came out, then a few years later Gemmy came out with the screw-in bulb type, and then moved onto projection staked lights. Guess they are trying to keep it "fresh".

·
Registered
242 Posts
Out of the 4 colors the blue and toxic green are the hardest to find. Orange and purple are everywhere during Halloween.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
I have a few extra Green and orange ones for my hautned tree, but I always feel like I need extra on hand in case those fail. Now I am nervous about it.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I bought some lights described as water ripple lights off ebay sellers last year and they seem to be very similar to fire and ice lights?

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
I did notice a lot of lights have an orange jack-o-lantern case this year so I’m wondering if the low stock is due to the lights all getting a “new and improved” style.

·
Registered
457 Posts
I use them year round as my porch light. They seem to last about a year before giving out and it doesn't look like there is any way to open the bulb to try to repair it. I'll have to keep my eyes open this season and stock up if they are getting harder to find. #halloweenhoarder

·
Registered
161 Posts
I thought Walmart had quite a few last year and really undercutting everybody else on cost. Can't remember but seems like they were 9.99 or 14.99. I've got extras now from the after Halloween sales so have laid off getting anymore.

·
The Grim Reaper
921 Posts
Ebay of course. Most reasonable prices and then not--like an orange/red one for $126.48 and that's on sale from $151.78! But they throw in free shipping, such a deal. I'd look on ebay first and compare prices. Right now before halloween would be the best time probably.

Home Depot will probably carry some. They seemed to have a good selection of Gemmy lighting last year. They always have their colored spot lights sold under their own brand (but made by Gemmy) and those can be found discounted or on sale some times.
Man I might need to list mine on ebay. Have a ton I picked up at home depot a few years ago.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Ace Hardware is showing them for $16.99 (orange & green) & Bed Bath & Beyond is showing the blue in store for $14+. There are some on Kmart's site but they are overpriced. Will have to see if Lowes will have some; they usually do. Doing a quick search, saw they had a orange, purple, green mix & never saw that one out. Hmmmm.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
It looks like Lowe’s has started to update with their Gemmy lights but without images it’s hard to know if they are lights with images or the names are just being used for new color patterns. We shall see!

·
Registered
9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
It looks like Lowe’s has started to update with their Gemmy lights but without images it’s hard to know if they are lights with images or the names are just being used for new color patterns. We shall see!
Also here....https://www.amazon.com/s?k=gemmy+lights&hvadid=78546415449548&hvbmt=bp&hvdev=c&hvqmt=p&tag=mh0b-20&ref=pd_sl_lexjcipe5_p

·
Registered
561 Posts
I think companies like Home Depot had tons 3 years ago and even two years ago. I notice last year that Home Depot had significantly less.

I think that they ordered so many for the previous years that they only sold a small portion of what they had in the stores for the asking price of $19.99 or so. Basically they had a large supply of the lights left after Halloween which they slashed to 9.99, then 5, then 2.50 each.

I have between 100 and 150 that I bought for 2.50 or $5 in 2016 and 2017. I remember going into the store during those years and them have a ton of lights left. I think they used those two years to get a sense of what the demand for the product was and adjusted accordingly. Now stores carry a lot less.

On top of that last year a lot of the ones they did have came with remotes so that you could do different colors or patterns with one light. This probably also cut down the need for large amounts of lights.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts