Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who's tired? Just nod your head :)

Oooohhhhhh my feet! We pulled everything in tonight but my better wants it all put away too! Slave driver she is. Took 50 minutes to take everything down but she did allow me a 15 minute break before I have to pack everything up!

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
i am burned out at both ends :) had many trick or treaters very early this year usually the rush starts at 6 pm it started at 4 this year , i have let everything out , suppose not to rain and my husband slept 30 min this morning , he worked yesterday from 6 pm till 6 am , got home at 6 :30 am, he didnt go to bed he fell asleep at 8:30 while changing clothes on the bed then we had some errans we had to do , went to lunch came back put on the costumes , the helpers arrived , my daugther arrived from school so he finally is going to sleep at 11 pm he said to hell the thing they stay outside ....

so now it is my turn after a chocolate brownies and and a cold glass of milk to make me sleep better ;)

·
Registered
263 Posts
I can't believe how tired I am. I didn't even do that much. I'm just soooo tired. I didn't really get enough sleep last night. There's no way I'm going to bed before midnight, though.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Tired doesnt even cover it. I still have about an hour of TOTers and then teardown/packup to do.
Im going to sleep like the dead tonight LOL

·
Registered
814 Posts
totally exhausted.......we had a great crowd of TOT....
We started taking a couple of props down...but will have to finish this weekend...

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
6,852 Posts
*raises hand*

sweaty, smelling of insect repellent, achy back...and sooooo tired!

I can't go to bed yet, cause I still have stuff to set up for a party tomorrow. :(
(and so much to do tomorrow besides)

·
Bog Body
1,474 Posts
nod nod nod

my legs are sore and my finger will be hurting tomorrow from starting the chainsaw over and over.

oh what fun!

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ahhh well I'm done. I pleaded with her to let me put the rest of the stuff in the attic tomorow but I'm 75% done inside and 100% done outside!

·
spookiness in the suburbs
905 Posts
O. M. G.
I haven't slept enough in over a week, and I made the mistake of wearing heels with my costume this evening. Ok, like my feet weren't tired enough of being on them ALL DAY setting up, but then I had to go put heels on for another 3 hours? My feet are so ticked at me. You know the cartoons where someone gets their thumb smashed by a hammer and then it swells up and pounds with their pulse? THAT is my feet right now!

As we were securing the high-dollar and electronic items after 9 PM, we discovered that the garage door was screwed up and had to monkey with that for another half-hour 45 min before we could go in the house. Sure, because I hadn't been up & down a stepladder enough today!

I want nothing more than to crawl in bed & sleep 10 hours, but that won't happen. DH has to go to training class in the AM so I have to get up with DD at 7:30 or whatever ungodly early hour she chooses to wake up. Speaking of which, why am I on here yammering at you guys? I should be in the bed!!!!

Goodnight and sweet dreams, all!

·
Registered
963 Posts
Hope everyone has had a decent or a semi-decent Halloween!

11:06 in Los Angeles, Halloween is wrapping up here. Yes, tired. Did a few things this month but the trickiest thing was scheduling it to happen, everyone was busy with work and commitments and so was I...did what I could, saw some haunts with friends, went to a pumpkin carving party, and tonight, I handed out a bunch of Halloween toys to trick or treaters. I didn't party the whole month as I usually do...most everything was done in the ten days leading up to the big day. Not bad, though.

The pumpkin I carved on Tuesday is lit up tonight with three bright candles, and I am watching HORROR OF DRACULA and drinking a pumpkin ale.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I am *exhausted*.
And since my parents are here to help out, I have to sleep on the couch tonight. Whee.

Everything went well though (despite many near nervous breakdown moments...)
Lots of great comments and no one cried or soiled themselves... lol

·
Don't Drink and Fly!!
2,959 Posts
Gothikim, I feel your pain!! The next time I pick a costume that has high heels, someone PLEASE slap me in the head!!! :(

The party was great about 45 people, the karaoke was an even huger hit than I anticipated, we had an absolute BLAST! Everyone has just gone, and I am soon off to bed nyself. I'll post pics tomorrow, if I ever wake up!!! LOL.

Hope everyone had a happy!!!

Hugs from Hooch

·
Capt o' the Mourning Star
600 Posts
I am officially "Beat".......this year was a great turnout for us..over 100 TOT's , which is a far cry from the 12 or we had last year!

My feet are killing me:D!

·
Registered
93 Posts
My feet ache... My legs are sore... My back hurts... My shoulders--ahhhh, you get the picture.

While we had an AWESOME night tonight (probably our best ever) I am definitely ready to enjoy a well-deserved rest!

·
Banned
2,050 Posts
Owwww, Nod, Moan!!!

Totaly knackered last night, left everything out and now I have just finished taking it all down. Last night both me and the missus were done in, although I think our 4 years old was drinking coffee because he was flying round the room at 10.30.

He did wake up this morning at 7am and said "daddy I'm so sad that halloween is finished" oh well always next year son

1 - 20 of 34 Posts