Halloween Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm hoping to pick up a few Gemmy orange spot lights this year and was wondering who was carrying them? I think earlier in the season I read about people posting about them and when I looked at places like Home Depot and Target I'm not seeing them. Not sure if I'm late to the game and they're sold out so pulled from the website or what. Thanks.

Thought maybe some of you are looking for a specific item and we could use this thread to ask.

·
Registered
14,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the responses. No Shopko here unfortunately. I was in Spirit today to buy the Live Wire prop and they did have the Orange Spot Lights there (looking for the spot light not the fire and ice) but only 3 left in that location an no other locations open yet and I'm afraid when I go back they will be gone so looking for other sources just in case. Lowes just seems to carry the fire and ice orange/red and not the Orange Spot. Keep me in mind if you see them somewhere else.

·
Wisp in the Mist
1,953 Posts
Thanks for the responses. No Shopko here unfortunately. I was in Spirit today to buy the Live Wire prop and they did have the Orange Spot Lights there (looking for the spot light not the fire and ice) but only 3 left in that location an no other locations open yet and I'm afraid when I go back they will be gone so looking for other sources just in case. Lowes just seems to carry the fire and ice orange/red and not the Orange Spot. Keep me in mind if you see them somewhere else.
If you are unable to find one, let me know and I can see about picking one up at Shopko. They had three when I was there the other day. Occasionally they will give out $5 off coupons, which would make it only $20. That's why I bought my ghost projection light there. Our Home Depot hadn't set up yet, and I was just too antsy to wait. (it was only a couple of pennies difference, anyway)

·
crossfit zombie
7,569 Posts
I'm hoping to pick up a few Gemmy orange spot lights this year and was wondering who was carrying them? I think earlier in the season I read about people posting about them and when I looked at places like Home Depot and Target I'm not seeing them. Not sure if I'm late to the game and they're sold out so pulled from the website or what. Thanks.

Thought maybe some of you are looking for a specific item and we could use this thread to ask.
I got 5 from home depot online...I love them mine were the fire and ice ones.

·
Wisp in the Mist
1,953 Posts
I just thought of another conversation that we had about fire and ice lights vs other projection lights. Fire and Ice is a specific thing, like Pose N Stay, right?

The Gemmy lights at Shopko do not say "Fire and Ice", but they have the clear faceted balls on the ends. I bought a similar light from Lowes last year in the multi-color version, that also did not specifically say "Fire and Ice" on it, although I referred to it as the same.

I think that I remember you saying that they're not the same as Fire and Ice? I certainly don't want to pick up the wrong thing, if you can't find one there. :)

·
Registered
14,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys but the ones I am looking for are the plain old flat, no globe, spotlights. Solid orange color, no globe, no special effects. I bought blue, red and green last year from Home Depot at a decent price but SH was the only one selling them in the orange color last year. My local SH that opened a few weeks ago had a very limited quantity, like 3 when last in. Probably all gone by now. Worst case I hit up the other SH when they open soon around here. Labor Day weekend seems to be the start each year for some locations. Just wondering if other places are selling this color too. Doesn't seem to be that popular of a color choice I guess. Here's the item on Spirit's page:

http://www.spirithalloween.com/product/decorations/lighting/led-orange-spot-light/pc/1005/c/0/sc/1014/77562.uts?thumbnailIndex=11

With coupon they are like $20 each. I use to have incandescent floodlights in orange that i bought from BL years ago when the manufacturer was closing out on them and always loved that color on certain things at night. Last year my last orange bulb burned out, so the hunt for a good replacement begins and it might as well be LED. I was quite impressed with the color depth of the Gemmy solid color LED spots last year when I used the HD ones for my yard and would highly recommend them if you want to just wash a tombstone or area with a deep color. They're not a flood so the beam is constrained but the effect is nice. I like that the Gemmy spots are sealed and rated for outdoor use.

·
Registered
14,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I just thought of another conversation that we had about fire and ice lights vs other projection lights. Fire and Ice is a specific thing, like Pose N Stay, right?

The Gemmy lights at Shopko do not say "Fire and Ice", but they have the clear faceted balls on the ends. I bought a similar light from Lowes last year in the multi-color version, that also did not specifically say "Fire and Ice" on it, although I referred to it as the same.

I think that I remember you saying that they're not the same as Fire and Ice? I certainly don't want to pick up the wrong thing, if you can't find one there. :)

LairMistress, I think those are the Gemmy LightShow Kaleidoscope globed lights possibly. Sounds like it from your description. Still different in movement pattern from the Fire & Ice but not the ones I am looking for. Thanks though. :)

BTW for those who don't know the Fire & Ice have a movement pattern resembling a flickering flame, especially on for the Red/orange version. The Kaleidoscope have more of a rotating pattern similar to those kaleidoscopes you had as a kid that you would turn the end on and see the pattern of color pieces change inside the tube (tube resembled a spyglass).

·
Lighthearted Halloween
3,795 Posts
Oh I'm following. I too would like to find a good orange spotlight.
I used 'amber' floods and they just washed everything out.

I am looking for good quality (outdoor use) black wreaths? Anyone see any in their travels. The ones in Michaels are limp. Thanks in advance.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts