Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MEEEEEE!

Although I have enough treats for TOT, I bought some "just-in-case" candy at Costco today: 60 Kit Kat/Reeses/Hershey's full sized bars.

Uh... did I say 60?

I meant 58. ;)

What about you?

·
The Ghost Host
597 Posts
hahaha unfortunately I don't get trick or treaters so all of the candy is for ME anyway lol. Working on a bag of peanut butter kisses now.

·
Super Moderator
5,705 Posts
Not the stuff stashed for halloween night....BUT....I've been on a quest to find all my favorites as a child.

So the bowl at work has had whoppers, sixlets, and *lemonheads*, but I'm still hunting for red hots, bottle caps, and sweet tarts.

(*Lemonheads* came in a mix with tons of "lemonhead" candies. Chewy, various fruit flavors, etc. there were 3 actual lemonhead boxes in the bag of 40...)

·
Seer of All
2,940 Posts
I haven't bought a single bag yet, strangely enough. Of course, that doesn't mean there's no chocolate in the house. I mean, I'm not crazy... ;)

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,551 Posts
We have 9 jumbo bags of fun sized kit kats so far, about 380 bars. Not going to touch them. Still need about 200 more. Won't open the bags until the 31st

·
Registered
724 Posts
Yep...caught red handed! I bought a few bags of Halloween candy. My daughter caught me getting reeses peanut butter pumpkins out to put in my lunch:) She keeps me in line!! lol!!

·
Registered
413 Posts
I don't buy candy meant for the TOTs until the weekend before. However I'd be lying if I said that we hadn't bought any candy....

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,784 Posts
As I've said before, I buy ToTer candy & "decoy" candy. Just did it yesterday. I'll buy the full sized bars (or boxes depending on the candy) when they start going on sale in Sept. & buy other candy like bags of single Reese's Cups so the husband can have some chocolate.

Not that he's the only one eating the "decoy" candy, but once he knows it's there, it's like he's compelled to eat it because he knows it's there. The worst part is, he's usually not a big chocolate guy, he's more of a Twizzlers guy, but I guess when it comes to Halloween candy all bets are off.

·
Registered
877 Posts
We might as well. We don't get ToTs. :-(
Wow! All those outside decorations and no trick or treaters? I'll be lucky to have between 3-12 kids. Outside decorations will be limited to a night or two before Halloween, but the inside of the house looks great (if I do say so myself). Think this is enough candy for 3-12 kids?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
The "giveaway" candy is still safe in the bag, but we've gone through a few bags of Brach's Candy Corn and Indian Corn. Gotta have a bowl full on hand to munch on during the course of the season...

·
Soccer and Lacrosse Dad
1,770 Posts
Enough already little disappearing devil on my shoulder, you sound like my wife.....The Candy Corn containers were meant to be eaten BEFORE the October 30th expiration date.

·
They call me HeebieJeebie
2,006 Posts
I bought a box of 30 full-sized candy bars and had to sample an almond Snickers on the way home from the store. My daughter noticed the box with Skittles & Starburst in the back seat of my car and said the Skittles were calling her names, so I gave her a package. So that's all we've gotten into ~so far~. My husband either doesn't know I have the stuff, or it's out-of-sight/out-of-mind because it's still in my car and not convenient.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Doesn't really count because I buy it for myself (shameless) but I MAY or may not have chocolate stashes at work, at home, in the car, in my purse, in the travel bag. In other words, guilty. I'm a certified chocoholic :D

I usually pick up TOT candy around now....better get moving on that this weekend.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts