Halloween Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To be the best, most believable witness to a haunting?
I think someone who has never thought that they had ever had a supernatural experience and was not aware of the history of a location or place, yet then has an "Experience".
There would be your best witness.
My Brother told me today that The Weather Channel has begun telling Ghost Stories!?
In one story an area had a Haunted Reputation, but this one man didn't know, hadn't heard this.
As he was driving one night he saw two figures run out into the road in front of his car, a woman chasing a young boy. I guess only the woman's face looked real, the rest of her was transparent , ghostly. The boy was lit up and glowing (I guess?)

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lincoln's whole dream he said he had in which he saw himself lieing in-state in the White House Rotundra in his coffin was , even though a "Dream" was a very close to a supernatural event in my opinion.

·
Registered
720 Posts
I agree. I'd like to think I would be believable, but I already am a believer. Also, I get spooked pretty easily, so I don't think anyone would really believe me if I told them I saw a ghost or something.

And about The Weather Channel... yeah, not quite sure how I feel about that. I wish they'd just stick to the weather.

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had a theory once that maybe people are spiritually connected to "ghosts" of their own ethnic back round, via DNA, if you will?
This concept came to me as a young woman who was on the tour here was upset because she was the only one in her group who saw (or could "See"?) a woman standing in the next room. I was in that next room seeking what could have caused a Bumping sound that we all had heard. It did sound like someone stumbling around in that dark room, I had actually expected to find that some kid had snuck into this house on a dare or something. I found nothing, no one there. (This room is on the second floor of an 1870 house with creaky old woodwork, hard to sneak around noiselessly here)
This ghost has been seen here since at least 1925 and was described to me as being a woman, 30? years old, attractive,slightly larger than average? (What this meant in 1925 , I don't know? ) She had long dark hair, wears a long white dress, her skin tone is somewhat dark (American Indian?)
All the rest of the way through this house I was positioned several times to overhear what this group of five young people were saying.
The frightened and upset woman who had seen "The Woman" kept asking her friends to tell her what they had seen?... "Nothing", was their basic, often repeated response, she was so upset by the time we reached the tour's conclusion, that she said to me:"I don't think that I want to go home tonight , because if I do , I will have bad dreams, because I realize that I have seen something here tonight, but nobody else could even see it!"
This was when I asked her if I could ask her what her ethnic back round was?
She told me that she is part Black, part White, and part American Indian. My Ex-wife had problems here and felt like she was being picked on by the ghosts here. Her ethnic back round involves her Father who was from Peru, South America, which may be of a similar back round that the female ghost may have if she was American Indian?
My Great Grandmother was half American Indian.
A Great Grandfather of mine was a Bartender in this house for 7 to 8 years from around 1890 to 1900.

·
Registered
460 Posts
As a skeptic, I think the best witness would be someone who has a good understanding of what the human brain is capable of. There is a lot of stuff we miss or misinterpret. So I think if someone went in knowing the mistakes we make, they would be better able to separate something truly unearthly from weird but explainable phenomena.

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
As I just finished telling a Family that I think there are no evil ghosts as depicted in Movies and on TV, a pretty young girl, maybe 18 got a strange expression upon her nice face and said:"I was all alone in my Grandmother's house (Grandma is standing right beside her as she spoke) I was in the bathroom, I had locked the door , in the shower, when something ran their finger nails right down the middle of my back leaving very deep scratch marks."
I didn't know how to address this remark of hers, so I just paused , then changed the subject.
This whole Family were all very well dressed as if they had just come from church services, and maybe they had, it was Sunday afternoon.
There was a High School girl in this small town whose life was in turmoil. Her Father was losing the Family farm (which they eventually did), they may have been bankrupt, the Mother was constantly imagining that everything and everyone was making all of the bad , problem things happen, all the while that Mother would say terrible things to her Daughter, as bad as telling her Daughter that the girl was going to die from Cancer before she was 19!
My Ex took pity upon this girl and paid for a Doctor visit for her because she always had nasty open sores on her forearms.
The Doctor eventually asked if he could do a little experiment on her?
He touched her arm applying slight pressure for a specific amount of time, maybe, just a few minutes, he took his touch away, and they all watched as red welts appeared where he had been touching her!.
It seems like she could psycho-semantically affect her skin with her emotions.
Quick scratches while in the shower? I don't know? I tend to doubt that.
The "Girl" is still alive, 45 yrs. old, has a family, kids, seems pretty happy now, of course I think her Mother is probably still miserable.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts