Halloween Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
AntiChrist Superstar
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well its like a month after christmas, and I must admit, I have up some decorations, my santa scarecrow and my christmas tree. I see a few houses around with lights on. I was just wondering who still some up?

·
Banned
535 Posts
ME HAHAHHA! i still have the walkway things out in yard and 1 mini mega tree half way up....Yeah BUT ITS COLD OUT THERE!!! :)

·
Registered
598 Posts
Me too! Just took down the tree inside yesterday (which I didn't want to do since it's still taking up water and had few needles drop, but we've still got the lights on outside. Really, what's the point of turning them off? It's not like there's anything else to look forward to other than more winter... Everyone should just leave them on until mid-February!

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
I've still got my decorations up, should really put them away but january is a pretty miserable month here.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Hate to admit it, but everything's still up outside! I'm usually pretty slow in getting stuff down, but this year's the worst for me. I meant to do it this weekend, but still so flipping cold that I can rationalize letting it go for another week. After all, that frost line has to be down to the 4-inch mark, making it nearly impossible to remove the tiny metal stakes holding the reindeer in place. (Am I convincing anyone besides myself?)

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
We took a few days off last week to go down to the southwest coast of England. One of the B&Bs near where we were staying still had a tree up in the front room! :D

Having said that, a house up the street still had a tree in the window last weekend. Though I don't know if the owners were still lighting it.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I may be setting an ugly record here...

...but I have to confess that I just took down our outdoor Xmas decorations yesterday! I would have felt more ashamed about this if I hadn't seen that at least half of my neighbors who decorate still had their stuff up as of this morning!
I guess it was just too cold for everyone to think about dealing with it for the past 6 weeks or so, and this is the first above-freezing weekend of 2009.

·
AntiChrist Superstar
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I thought this post was dead, kinda funny I just took down my Santa Scarecrow today, I still have some black garland and skulls up on the ornamental roof brackets, who knows when that will come down.

·
Funeral Crasher
7,435 Posts
I don't, but a lot of my neighbors still do!
It's funny--I put up dozens and dozens of decorations and have them all put away the first few days in January. But the neigbors that do nothing but hang a wreath on the door don't have 10 seconds to pull it off and I'm still seeing them hanging in the middle of February. LOL

·
Hauntless
8,343 Posts
I don't, but a lot of my neighbors still do!
It's funny--I put up dozens and dozens of decorations and have them all put away the first few days in January. But the neigbors that do nothing but hang a wreath on the door don't have 10 seconds to pull it off and I'm still seeing them hanging in the middle of February. LOL
LOL! Yep, thought the same thing :) :) :)

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Dave, that is nothing. My other half has this weird thing where he goes around the neighborhood into May and counts how many wreiths are still on house doors. Last year I think it was 4!

I'm not quite so bad. I got the xmas decorations put away today and stored in the basement. I really only had the energy to do this so I could really start on my halloween projects for this year. lol

1 - 19 of 19 Posts