Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I do, I do lol at least on the inside. Have to make myself put it up this weekend as it's getting close to Thanksgiving and then Christmas is around the corner. The fun of Halloween just came and went too fast!

·
Registered
167 Posts
I'd rather still have mine up than see the 3 houses in the neighborhood with their Christmas lights up and ON already!!! Dont get me wrong, I decorate for Christmas too. And I may put them up early if the weather looks bad. But I wont turn them on until atleast Thanksgiving at the earliest. (And its not like the weather gets that bad here anyways.....):rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
The inside of my house has been stripped of the Halloween decorations, however, the basement looks like the Spirit of Halloween rose up through the floor and puked halloween stuff all around. Organizing and repacking is the next project, so we can find the Christmas stuff. ;)

Eric
________
vaporizer

·
Registered
457 Posts
Yeah, we still have our apartment decorated. Scene setters are still up, lanterns, two tombstones in the bathroom, stuff in the bedroom. I almost always have some decorations out that are Halloween related, but not usually this much. We decided that we are going to leave most up until we move in January! The only things we took down were the props that get in our way.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
I do, but it's all in my movie theater room.
So it stays up all year round. A bit of a retreat from the real world. lol

·
The Hobo Spider Assassin
6,111 Posts
Last item, our pumkinrot style scarecrow came down yesterday evening. Everything is packed in the garage awaiting this weekends procession to their storage room in the basement. Feel like I should play a funeral dirge during the movement!

·
It's a trick. Get an axe.
2,323 Posts
YES.:D Part of my village, my monsters with purple lights, and my little tombstone graveyard plus potion bottles are still out...actually I'm a little po'ed with one of our sons because he poked the cork of one of my bottles down too far, but whaddaya do..that kid is a magnet for trouble..:rolleyes:

·
Prince of Arkham Asylum
2,518 Posts
The inside of my house has been stripped of the Halloween decorations, however, the basement looks like the Spirit of Halloween rose up through the floor and puked halloween stuff all around. Organizing and repacking is the next project, so we can find the Christmas stuff. ;)

Eric
:D :D LMFAO!!!! That's a freakin RIOT!! :D :D My basement is my Halloween staging area and looks EXACTLY as you described. :D It literally looks like a Spirit Halloween store puked in my basement. :p LOL!!! Oh man... still laughing over here. :D

·
Registered
45 Posts
I live in one of those rural cities that make ToTs do Halloween on the 30th and 5pm to 7pm. So, I got even by setting my stuff on the last day of August and ran it non stop until November 1st. I now moved all my stuff to my now dubbed "Mad Scientist" lab for revamping and new props. I keep "Halloween" in my heart and "Christmas" goes up after Thanksgiving. I could build "Christmas" props from revamping what I have now. But, I am still pondering it. I was more appalled by stores pushing small amounts of "Halloween" decor and overstocking "Christmas".

I love both holidays and both should have equality in just that.

·
Incarnation of evil
916 Posts
I have left pumpkins out until they rot. Then when you try and grab them they melt in you hands. The pumpkin and blakkcat windmill thingee and halloween door mat is still out there. Last year we left a bat hanging in the tree till after Christmas. I told everyone that it was the Thanksgiving bat, then the Christmas bat and then the New Years bat. I didn't give it the chance to be called the Valentines bat though.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Everything front outside is in a pile on my porch. Inside everything has made it to the guest beadroom but it's a mess! I need to bring in the empty tubs this weekend. It's sad to see it all go.

·
Registered
605 Posts
We have Halloween stuff in our living room year round. It's kind of scattered about and we have two pumpkins in the apartment that still need carving.

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
6,686 Posts
The party decor is down and stored, but we ALWAYS have some Halloween stuff out.

I have out all year:

A small statue of a raven, a witch ornament from Salem, a black/orange glass graveyard scene candle holder, black cat and pumpkin picture frames, and a skeleton music box on our entertainment center.

An antique black cat door stop and a black cat carving are on my fireplace mantel.

6 gargoyles, a black metal spooky house candle holder, a full sized terra cotta pumpkin candle holder are up on a tall bookshelf.

I'm sure there is more, but those are all that jump out at me from where I'm sitting.

·
Registered
260 Posts
There's always something up in my house, though I'll admit since I live in the boonies I don't feel bad for still having a few headstones out on the property...

My workspace is happily lined with shelves, where many of my artificial pumkins rest, as well as some of my big latex rats, toads, and other critters. My bats hang around from ceiling hooks as well as the vultures.

My Spooky Town stuff is on permanent display in its own room... I might be slightly obsessed.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Glad to see i'm not the only one! My big props(figures) were all congregating in my computer room until today when I (due to the prodding from my wife) finally took them out to the garage. If I had my way I'd leave my figures up all year round, the wife just isn't quite the Halloween fanatic I am, unfortunately......

1 - 20 of 38 Posts