Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I joined this forum to find out any information on "Who Spooked Rodney?", a classic Halloween special from the '80s. It's about a superstitious boy who gets spooked on Halloween after going to the fortune teller. Best show ever, and it's my life goal to find it. If anyone wants to talk about it or knows where I can obtain a copy, please reply!

·
Registered
20,825 Posts
Welcome. Sorry, but I've never even heard of that special. I'm sure someone here can help you out, though;)

·
Registered
897 Posts
Hi Rodney,

Although I can't help you, I remember "Who Spooked Rodney?" well.
Poor Rodney had so many superstitions, was he clumsy too? I remember something to do with his shoelaces having to be tied a certain way, and when he went Trick or Treating with his 2 friends he got left behind because he was doing all his superstitious precautionaries.

What do you remember about it? It's been years since I saw it!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I remember at the beginning of the show, Rodney was eating cereal with his sister. Then he went to school, and he was bobbing for apples in the classroom. I remember him saying "Holy Hallow" and I think the teacher said something about "All Hallow's Eve." Later, Rodney and his friends went to the fortune teller, and then I think some haunted house, but at the end when he was by himself, he was in a foggy alley, and saw a shadow coming towards him and it ended up being his dad.

I remember the shoe lace thing now! I totally forgot about that!

·
Lord of the Cemetery
2,081 Posts
Hi Rodney.
Can't help you as far as the show goes, I'm afraid. Don't think we ever saw it this side of the duck pond. (Unless any other UK members can correct me on that).

Welcome to the forum anyway. Nice to have you aboard.

·
Hauntless
8,343 Posts
Welcome Rodney. Not sure if you can do this but I found a video cassette of it that can be checked out at a library.... Display Result: WHO SPOOKED RODNEY

WHO SPOOKED RODNEY?

VC2300O
24 min Color VHS Videocassette I P

For Rodney, the world is a place filled with bad-luck potentials: black cats, ladders, cracks in sidewalk. On Halloween, Rodney and his friends visit a palm reader who predicts that shadows will consume rodney before midnight. On his, way home, he notices he's being followed by a shadow. Terrified, he's soon trapped in an alley, where he learns his own imagination has been the source of his fear.
Subjects: Children's Stories;

Book This Material

1 - 20 of 23 Posts