Halloween Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
I avoid WalMart like the plague. I just can't handle the rude people. It seems like the place attracts the dregs of society lol

·
Registered
625 Posts
I will still shop at Wal-Mart. They usually have cheaper stuff than other competitors. However, if I'm looking for something specific like Monster Truck shirts, I'm going to go to the specific place that sells it. If I'm looking for board games, Wal-Mart doesn't have that many, and I might check out Toys R Us instead.

They don't have a good selection of Halloween for me, so I won't buy any costumes, or many stuff from them, but they do have cool looking gummy candies that are like eyes, tongues, and fingers, and so on for Trick or Treaters. I sometimes feel like Trick or Treaters always get the same stuff (like snickers, twix, M&Ms, Peanut Butter Cups), so I like to mix it up. One year gave Free Frosty from Wendy's (They come in $1 books), and one year gave smaller bags of Halloween bagged microwave popcorn. So, this looks good for this year.

·
Registered
400 Posts
I hate walmart, but we still shop there. How does the old saying go? "If you ever want to feel better about yourself, just go to Walmart!"

·
Registered
8 Posts
I generally try not to shop there because they've become a corporation that is bad for our society in several ways.

I must admit that I have bought the occasional DVD there when a really good horror movie makes it into the bargain bin for $5 or less.

·
The Goddess of Screams
518 Posts
My mom won't unless she just absolutely HAS to.

She hits Dollar General and a locally owned grocery store.

I'm in Arkansas - we produced WalMart! We KNOW the bully that is WalMart!! LOL

·
Registered
158 Posts
I go there because of the opportunity cost. At this point, with gas bills and time always being an issue (engineering undergrad and Halloween fanatic... In the fall.... I don't know how I have the time, honestly) and the fact that we support my mother in law, the opportunity cost of going to Malwart and getting the things we need quickly is less than driving around getting the best deals at normal grocery stores (whose prices are rather steep these days and demand one driving around to get the best deals).
How ever while at the Malwart, one can certainly marvel at the stupidity of humans in large groups and quietly giggle that "all these people would make GREAT zombies".
No it isn't the best, but it isn't the worst either.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have no problem shopping at walmart, I just don't go during their busiest hours. I either go really early, or at night to avoid the crowd.

·
Reaper Queen
8,730 Posts
I try not to go there, to be honest, because of issues on how they treat their employees, and also the human rights law suits against them (there are several). And the bully tactics, they employ to get their prices low. I have , I am ashamed to admit, gone recently, but like I said, I will try to go else where

·
Seer of All
2,939 Posts
When SuperWalMart came to our town, we lost all our other grocery stores. They just could not compete. I debated on driving to the next town over to grocery shop, just to avoid walmart but in the end, I wind up shopping there anyway. I do love the convenience - it's less than 5 minutes from my house. I remind myself that walmart employs a huge number of local people and for that, we are glad to have them.

·
Registered
414 Posts
The people who designed our Walmart parking lot either had a sick sense of humor or they were under the influence of some mind altering drugs. :eek: That has more to do with why I avoid Walmart than anything else. In my town the Walmart store does not hold the golden ticket for the dregs of society. They're pretty much scattered throughout the community. :rolleyes: Our local grocery stores are in the midst of union issues and we're a union family so I support them rather than shop for groceries at the Big W. Not to mention the fact that Walmart has cut down on Halloween merchandise so that puts them in the s**t house with me anyway. :cool:

·
CANNIBAL
2,597 Posts
aaaahhhh...walmart. I told my family when I die and you are wondering if I am in Heaven or Hell and what my Hell is like this is it...I'm in walmart in the longest line possible, there's only 2 other lanes open and both are not moving and to top it off every single person in front of me is writing a check very slowly while at the register(or using the card swipe thing for the very first time) and just for "atmosphere" there are screaming children in all 3 available checkouts. I hate walmart and I try not to go there unless they have an amazing deal on something. One time around Christmas I was standing in line and I see this father and son speed walking, coming towards me. They stopped about 5 feet behind me and the son (he was 13 or 14) power puked behind me. That's a classic example of what visiting walmart is like for me. Never a good experience.

·
Crawling in my skin
2,236 Posts
LawP Pennsylvania must have had the same sick architect as you. To try to get out it is like a maze. Ours also have cut down in the Halloween Props dept. Sad cause I was so looking forward to purchasing there. Doller Tree got most of my money and the Christmas Tree Shop. When they redesigned the inside of the store they got rid of there sewing Dept with the bolts of fabric which I often bought for Halloween and scaled down other Depts as well. They put more food although they are not a super store cause a Sams is right next store.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I don't do a lot of shopping at WallyWorld but CDs is one thing I do go there specifically for. They are one of the very few places that carry edited CDs of current music. So for that I give them props.

But I have to say I have had some of the strangest "interactions" there - from employees telling me that alternative music is all written by the devil & only country music should be allowed to a shopper taking my stuff off of the check out belt and throwing it on the floor because she saw bugs on the items ~ there were no bugs!

Have you all checked out peopleofwalmart.com? Don't be drinking anything when viewing the site!

·
Registered
158 Posts
I don't do a lot of shopping at WallyWorld but CDs is one thing I do go there specifically for. They are one of the very few places that carry edited CDs of current music. So for that I give them props.

But I have to say I have had some of the strangest "interactions" there - from employees telling me that alternative music is all written by the devil & only country music should be allowed to a shopper taking my stuff off of the check out belt and throwing it on the floor because she saw bugs on the items ~ there were no bugs!

Have you all checked out peopleofwalmart.com? Don't be drinking anything when viewing the site!
Considering what you have experienced and what I have experienced, why hasn't any one done a Walmart-themed Haunted House?

·
Registered
189 Posts
So....you want half a CD?

I never got that, why even bother selling a CD if its edited.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.