Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
I bring it in and put away the rest of it this week. Everything had to come in early because we did get rain tonight.

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,439 Posts
We put everything away sort of. It is in house or basement somewhere, until we get the energy to organize it. :rolleyes:
Ditto. It went out today and we just finished bringing it in about an hour ago. The blow molds and the three inflatables are still out and I have a bunch of terracotta pumpkins from Home Goods on the carport.

But then all I did was my pumpkins and a few skellys so it didn't take long.

·
Registered
454 Posts
I typically do but between all the extra work I did, lifting/exercising, I can wait until tomorrow :)

·
Registered
897 Posts
Normally I would bring in all the tombstones etc from the cemetery and sort it out during the next few days but I didn't put it up because of the weather. So I just turned off the deck lights, moved my three pumpkins of the stairs and unplugged the one floodlight lighting the stairs to the deck. Done in 5 minutes.

On the other hand, the witches den on the deck will take longer but I won't get to that for a couple of days at least.

·
Registered
668 Posts
I usually have everything in tonight, but I nearly doubled my lighting and props over last year. I took in all the electronics and left the items that have been sitting out since the start.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I just bring in the electrics and the expensive stuff and the rest will stay until tomorrow.
Nobody messes with things so I figure the skellies will be happy till tomorrow. And then it's a FULL cleaning of the laboratory......I mean garage.... so I can get ready for my wife's holiday. Lights again!!

·
Halloween Elitist
2,887 Posts
Too tired to take down and pack away, it's not that simple for the set up I have, it'll get done completely over the next couple of weeks at a leisure pace

·
Registered
435 Posts
I picked up everything and packed it away. All that is left to do is put the crates away back in the storage closet.
I also packed away everything that I had out at work. Fall decorations are out of the box but not in their appropriate place.
This year I wanted to put it all away and not let it linger for days like it always does :eek:

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
6,809 Posts
We always break down everything and haul it into the garage so there is no trace of the decorations that night... other than a lit JoL that is allowed to burn itself out.

This year as we did a carnival circus theme, there were no carved JoLs, so it was all gone by 10pm.

The garage (an at least two interior rooms) will be in a state of chaos for the next several weeks while I sort and discard and pack away things. I have decided I have way too much stuff and I need to cull it down significantly.

·
Registered
13,760 Posts
It took us 1-1/2 hours to get everything, let's say removed from the house outside so it looked like our mad lab disppeared in one night. Patio furniture moved back and covered. Would not say "put away" exactly as some is and a lot is just transferred to the garage/house for later. I'm sore tonight from the mad rush to assemble everything in a few hours and boy are my feet killing me. We usually go out for dinner after cleanup but it was 10:30pm and I'm looking forward to falling asleep and sleeping in. I know we get an extra hour of sleep with the time falling back again this weekend. Yes! Wish everyone had a great Halloween this year like we did. Weather was perfect and sat out all night with tee-shirt and shorts and sandals on. Tons of ToTers.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts