Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been so terrible at opening bags weeks before Halloween night so I can sort out the pieces I want! As I result I end up having to GO BACK TO BUY MORE ... because we ate too much before the big night, LOL.:eek: I'm talking buying 4 big bags from Sam's Club & then going back for 2 more.

Anyone else do this or are you folks better at controlling yourselves? :D

This year I'm swear I'm going to have to stash the bags unopened in a closet!

·
Seer of All
2,939 Posts
Nope - I always have "our" candy and trick or treat candy!
Neither of us care much about fruit flavored candy, gummies, bubble gum, etc. so I buy that for the kids and for us I get a bag of whatever chocolate bars we're in the mood for. Everybody's happy!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Kind of. I was still teaching last year, so I bought candy for my students/co-workers. I don't buy crap candy, mind you. I like getting people the nice kind. After all, do unto others as you would have done unto you! Dude...my students refused the candy. "Don't you have better candy?" or "This stuff sucks!" they would call out as they refused the giant bag full of Twix, Snickers, Whoppers, Kit Kats...

So, went home, and the SO and I ate it all. Oops.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I think you phrased the question wrong... It should be, "Who doesn't open their candy bag days before Halloween?" :D I'm guilty of having to go back and get more each year to replace the stuff we eat.

·
Look behind you
1,316 Posts
Maybe I'm the only person on this forum that does this, but I usually buy TOO much candy every year. There's still a couple bags leftover from last year. :rolleyes:

·
Resident Potterhead
1,972 Posts
*raises hand proudly*

Though this year any Halloween candy we buy is going to be just for us since we live in an area where ToT's don't ToT. Still buying my mix bag of chocolate minis though and storing it in my candy bowl as I would if we actually got ToT's at our house. The last 2 years I opened the bags about 2 weeks before Halloween, ended up having to buy more I think at least one of those years, but we always end up with a LOT of leftovers since the town we just moved from has a very small population of children so we'd only get around 30 ToT's and a lot of them would only take one or two pieces of candy, we kept telling them take a handful but they wouldn't do it! By the time Halloween was over I was tired of the chocolate bars lol.

·
Resident Potterhead
1,972 Posts
Kind of. I was still teaching last year, so I bought candy for my students/co-workers. I don't buy crap candy, mind you. I like getting people the nice kind. After all, do unto others as you would have done unto you! Dude...my students refused the candy. "Don't you have better candy?" or "This stuff sucks!" they would call out as they refused the giant bag full of Twix, Snickers, Whoppers, Kit Kats...

So, went home, and the SO and I ate it all. Oops.
Ungrateful turds! What the crap kind of candy were they expecting? Next time buy them that cheap mexican mix bag with all the funky tasting fruity stuff that's a direct (and disgusting) knock off of the american versions. I can't remember the name of it off the top of my head but my mom got a bag when she was in Arizona and brought the leftovers home for me and it was disgusting lol. Too sweet and not enough of the fruity flavoring, just tasted like lightly flavored sugar and the chewy centers weren't good either. I'll have to scour the net and see if I can find the name of that stuff. It was vile.

·
Resident Potterhead
1,972 Posts
These disgusting things! The fruit flavored ones with the chewy center, and there are some lollipops in there as well. Holy friggin turds, worst candy EVER!

mex-grocer_2272_122554006.jpg

Granted I do love bubble gum of all varieties, and the chiclets aren't bad, if for nothing else but nostalgia... everything else is gross though!

·
Registered
53 Posts
We are never home on Halloween, so we don't have to buy candy. However, if we did...it would probably all be gone before Halloween. No control in this house.

·
Kitchen/Green Witch
6,618 Posts
There are two types of people: those who open the bags early and sneak some candy, and people who lie and say they don't. :)
Okay...maybe, sometimes, I take one piece while I'm filling the candy bags...it depends on if there is any extra after I fill all the bags with candy and toys.

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
I'm pretty good about not eating and candy before TOT. But I give out toy grab bags. :D However, I include some King Sized candy bars in the mix. Funny thing is that I only buy 6-8 of those- but usually end up with at least half left over. The kids must feel the thin "something" and opt instead for the bulkier bags. So naturally, I make sure those huge candy bars are all things I love.

Now the discount days AFTER Halloween is a whole nuther game!

·
Purely and Simply....EVIL
946 Posts
We don't get a lot of TOT but I always buy candy in the hopes that there are TONS!!!! But I always have two bowls of our own candy at the house for us that appears the first week of October and we snack on it all month!

·
Chocolate is my BFF!
4,227 Posts
KitKats are crappy candy? Snickers too? Why the nerve of the kids!!!! Geesh! This household eats alllllll candy. Fight over the candy. Hoarded the candy. This year will be different now. It is more like cannot have candy in the household. Someone who shall be nameless (SilverLady) is diabetic sooo I will be hiding candy. haha

·
Registered
174 Posts
I'm vegan, so I would think chocolate is gross! Lol we'll be passing out a wonka mix and mini twizzlers, with a fair amount of name braned chocolate. That is what most kids are after, I don't judge what others eat. Besides it's in my own best interest to not have too much of stuff I'd actually eat lying around!!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Mariposa, I know! Btw, you had me in stitches when you mentioned the cheap candy mix. I'm sure I've seen that exact same bag you described here in PR. It's also what ppl usually gave to ToTs when I was a little girl!

Witchy, these kids are terrible...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts