Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Check out this video - These people are insanely talented and have a wonderful eye for detail. I can only hope my skills will one day match these! This is a house near mu kids' school- and every year they do a full set build and new theme. I never have gone in yet- Always too busy working on my own. I vow to check it out in person this year. I just wonder if this haunter is here on the forum? CLICK HERE FOR VIDEO OF THEIR HAUNT!

·
Registered
355 Posts
That is an impressive haunt.

·
Registered
13,632 Posts
Don't know if the person who posted, Eric Levine, is a member here but sending you a PM with more info. Here's some basic info though on this local Boo Crew for those that may only view the video and not see the description on YouTube.

The Boo Crew of Church Street San Jose 2012 Haunted House.
We're not professionals we're just a dozen or so men and women who came together almost 11 years ago and started building haunted houses for the kids at the local elementary school. It then turned into making it for the whole neighbor hood. We do a different theme every year (this year was a Haunted Mansion) next year... well its a surprise but I'll make sure I post a walkthrough of it.

I would have loved to have had friends back in high school who got into this kind of thing and who came back each year for another project.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes- It is so amazing to drive by the house when they are doing their build. Each year, they create a completely new facade to go with their different themes. Of course, it's only open on Halloween night- so I can't go! This makes me want to do something like this with my neighborhood association. I'll even offer my house! (Though hubby may object- we would have to see!)

·
Registered
189 Posts
Pretty cool haunt!! I live near San Jose but have never heard of this haunt. I'll have to try and check them out this year.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
matrixMom: rumor has it the home owner IS in construction! Of course, right? And I also LOVE LOVE LOVE the bats in the window. I am so stealing that this year for my walkthrough.... in my back yard. This video inspired me to have a walk through at our house as well as the school haunted house I am taking on. Hope I don't burn myself out.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi guys and thank you for all the great things you have to say about our haunt. This will be my 9th year working with the amazing team of men and women who volunteer so much time, effort, and money so that we can give everyone who visits our haunt a wonderful experience. To answer the thread question the man in charge is named Bob Shiro he's a fencer by day but a mad scientist by night. Erik Levine is my father he is also part of the crew and posts walk throughs of the haunts. We build for about 3 months up untill about 6:00 Halloween night then were open for the public. It's completely free to go through and you can go through as many times as you want the first few hours are a no scare time so the younge and frightened can go through and enjoy it without actors scaring them. Then around 8 or 9 the scare time starts that's when the actors put on the real show. So if your in San Jose around Halloween come on by and check out the boo crew haunted house (theme varies year to year).

·
Banned
2,717 Posts
I really love the flickering lights. My brother-in-law explained how to make that effect once but it seem complicated. I wish there was a easier way because I think it adds a nice touch.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
totally awesome...i love facade, in awe you do that new every year...wow....the work in that, loved the bride and groom room and the bats in the window, coffins...just every detail....oh, monster hand on the pump organ..haha...LUV, im going to do that this year too, i use two pump organs...you all just did a great job, details wonderful!!!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts