Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
The Haunting Girl
864 Posts
I hit Walgreens earlier today since my landlord told me that they still had a ton of stuff left. I picked up 2 Wallys at half price and they still had 2 more, so I'm going to go back in a few days and see if they are still there and maybe cheaper.
I also hit Lowe's too. They still had lots of Gemmy figures left, but I didn't get any. I picked up the 16ft inflatable reaper for $45 after talking to the manager.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Yeah I raided my local Spirit and Halloween City stores. Picked up all the LED spots they had left in the store. Most of them were used for their instore displays but are still good of course. And after I spoke with the manager I walked out with them at 50% and buy 1 get 1 free. I'm not sure the manager really understood what she had just done, but I wasn't going to question it. So I ended up with 40 LED Red, White and Blue colored spot lights for about $40 bucks. Plus I picked up some extra stones that I'm going to re-work and impove upon. So I feel pretty good about it.

I'm going to stop by all my local CVS and Walgreens on the way home tonight. Got about 4 each to check out.

·
Evil Wizard
2,165 Posts
And after I spoke with the manager I walked out with them at 50% and buy 1 get 1 free. I'm not sure the manager really understood what she had just done, but I wasn't going to question it. So I ended up with 40 LED Red, White and Blue colored spot lights for about $40 bucks.
Jedi mind-trick? :eek:

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
You know, when I unpacked for set up I realized I had all that I needed to begin with. There were thing I bought I forgot I had and I'm glad I didn't spend money on duplicates cause it would have added up to a lot. So no, not doing sales this year because I'm fully stocked now. Not a thing I need!

·
Registered
129 Posts
I just picked up 4 LED spots (not for that ridiculously good deal ActionJax managed; Geez!!) a skelly and AtmosFear FX DVD for half price! Had no idea they had the DVD until today and then I got it for half price, whoo hoo!

·
Registered
13,781 Posts
Just the Wacky Mole and Thrashing Clown (for the TNT prop mostly) from Spirit. Just barely enough left in my halloween funds too. At first thought maybe it was only going to be one. Like Shockwave, I'm really pretty set now. Have been collecting props and decor for about 5 years, so now the focus is more on set up of scenes.

I forgot to check Spirit for their AtmosFear DVDs and spot lights. Oh well, not enough money left anyway.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I used to do the post-31st shopping thing, but I usually ended up forgetting where I'd put the stuff I'd bought...:p

·
Oak Lane Cemetery
1,936 Posts
I'm not sure the manager really understood what she had just done, but I wasn't going to question it.
I felt the same way at Kmart today when the manager priced a Pose n stay that was marked at $60 a week ago. It was the last one and didn't have a tag so she priced it based on the others on the rack with it, which were the $30 styrofoam reapers. She scanned one and it came up $15 (50% off). I guess she didn't actually look at the tag when she scanned it because the next words out of her mouth were. "And let me take the 50% off on that." I kept a straight face somehow as the total came up $7 and quickly glanced at the wife to see if she caught it too. Nope, she apparently didn't notice either, but as soon as we walked outside she said "HOLY SH*T did you see how that rang up?!" lol she had caught it alright, but was just as stone faced as me struggling not to start grinning till we left the register. lmao. And that was the very first purchase of the day to boot.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Grabbed $99 worth of candy. :D We like to keep goodies down in our home theater. We always stock it with after Halloween candy sales. Also picked up a 400w fogger, some fake chain, and some pumpkin lights at Halloween City. Only %30 off though. :/

·
Registered
493 Posts
I went to the Spirit Halloween store and was able to pick up a latex foam head that looks like a evil pumpkin, a Thomas the Train candy bucket for my 2 year old son, four zombie shot glasses and a "Support Halloween" frig magnet and a "Day of the Dead Skull" magnet. Spent less than $30 which is what the pumpkin head would have cost by itself before today.

·
Registered
106 Posts
At Spirit, I bought some Fog juice, Fog machine cleaner (had three fog machines clog on me this year), Fog machine timers, and some big Strobe lights.
Apparently, the actual fog machines were removed from the shelves, so you couldn't get any 50% off. Weird....

·
Registered
372 Posts
Our Spirit Store had pulled all the fog machines as well. After selling all my props last June in prep for an international move, I couldn't resist picking up the last three skellys as $25 each plus some rubber crows and a couple of large skull plaques. What I'm gonna do with them I have no idea.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts