Halloween Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My mom is looking around to buy artificial white pumpkins to make centerpieces for my wedding. Hobby Lobby has Funkins for $27.99 and Michaels said they won't get them in until the second week of July. Do any of you know where I can get some white pumpkins at a better price?

·
Human Candy Shovel
1,107 Posts
Most of the craft store chains (Michael's, AC Moore, Joann's Fabrics for sure) will drastically discount their fake pumpkins sometime in September. Discounts can go as high as 75%. So if you can hold off on buying them, you'll get a better price.

I swear, we got this very same question last summer, minus the white specification.

·
Kitchen/Green Witch
6,603 Posts
Hobby Lobby, JoAnne's and Michael's all have coupons online that you can print and use (or show on smartphone if you have one)...though they are usually something like 40% off one item, one coupon per day, so you'd have to either pick up one pumpkin a day, or have other family/friends go in and each pick one up for you to make it faster, lol. Sometimes I see "% off total purchase" ones, though, from Michael's and JoAnnes. Just a thought. :D

·
Registered
899 Posts
I have found 7 pumpkins this year at thrift stores! Look year round at thrift stores and you can save some serious bucks! Mostly I pay between $0.50 to $3.99 for the round ones. found 2 tall ones last year for $5 or less. If you want white ones you can always paint an orange one if you wanted to.

·
Banned
2,717 Posts
I always find JoAnne's to be expensive even when they put their stuff on sale. Michaels is usually reasonable but you really want to wait a few weeks. It seems that once they put their fall stuff out the season tends to go by really fast and every week they are discounting everything more. Usually by the time October comes all the good stuff is gone.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My Hobby Lobby didn't have any Funkins at all towards the end of the season. They seemed to fly off of the shelves. I'll start printing out coupons. My mom has the summer off and wants to get as much diy stuff done for my wedding as possible right now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts