Halloween Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Many talk about having 30, 50, 70+ people at their parties, and my past parties get maybe 10 max. Who are you all inviting to get those numbers? :)

·
Registered
562 Posts
Friends and co-workers. We had 120 last year....luckily not at same time! My husband works at a plant that has shifts, so we they come anywhere from 7 to after midnight. We also live within walking distance of a brewery, so lots of our friends come over from there.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

·
Ridin' The Storm Out
1,076 Posts
We invite a LOT of people.. Like, right now, I think our invite count is at about 30. (We're introverts. In a small house. Thirty is a lot!)

Our Halloween parties are generally the biggest turnouts we have, but usually a third of the people we invite can't make it for one reason or another. I'm one of those people who likes to invite EVERYONE, so no one feels left out. Even if I know they won't make it - like the wife of a dear friend of ours, who is even more introverted than we are. We always extend the invitation to BOTH of them, he always shows up alone, she sends her love and thanks for the invite. It's cool.

I even make sure to invite friends who have moved away, like my best friend who was stationed in Maryland for three years, or a friend who recently moved to New Hampshire. We know it's unlikely they'll make it, but on the off-chance they MIGHT be in town, we want them to know they're welcome, as always. (Best friend actually got stationed back in the area last year, so now she and her husband and their little boy might actually be able to come! I'm excited!)

I generally don't invite coworkers, because a) I'm not terribly close with many of them, and b) I work in retail, and weekends are workdays for us. I take off, but it's unlikely they'd be able to as well. Also, I'm a little self-conscious... Would it make things awkward at work? Maybe?

Mostly what we end up with is the same group we always have (plus or minus a few, plus the little ones that have been coming along), and it's a good sized party.

I'm just grateful we have a pretty big backyard to spread out in, because our house is so little...

·
Dawn of the Dead
1,820 Posts
We get 50-70. We invite neighbors, family and friends. Our relatives can bring some friends. And often we'll ask some of our friends to invite their friends. Example: We go to one of their parties and really hit it off with some people at their party. This keeps the party fresh--new people to mingle with.

·
Registered
33 Posts
We usually get at least 50 to our parties (typically closer to 60-70). We have the advantage of having a large group of Halloween-loving friends. I also make the invite by May to make sure people have plenty of time to plan. I find that makes a really big difference. We usually have a theme to our parties (this year is Doomoween), which gives people a concept to latch on to if they didn't have prior costume ideas.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts

Like others have mentioned, we invite friends, family, neighbors & kids are welcome. Adding kids definitely increases the numbers! But, our event is less a "party" and more an "open house", so not everyone is in or outside our house all at the same time. Some people stop by as they are trick or treating in the neighborhood, other people stay all night, eat & enjoy the fire pit with a drink as they watch the kids in costume get scared walking through the yard. Our house is not huge, so fitting everyone inside all at once wouldn't really be possible anyway. I'd say we get 50-60 people, maybe, but my husband's family is also HUGE! There are 8 brothers & sisters, add their partners to that, and then there are 18 grandchildren on that side alone! So that's like 34 people already, which is why our numbers get so high!

·
Registered
75 Posts
We have a lot of friends! I just sent out Facebook invites and it ended up being 123 people. We are also very clear with our guests that they are allowed to bring friends and we usually end up becoming friends with their friends which increases the count for the next year. I think we had about 80 or so come last year. It's hard to keep track!

·
Registered
62 Posts
It's ranged from 4 to 8. For a number of years it was 4, but now my friend has invited her sister to the past few parties. Thankfully, she's been a willing participate to what we put our guests through!!!
My parties are usually very intimate, as we give gifts to everyone and have games for a specific amount of people.

·
Registered
33 Posts
My wife and I both work full time, and a lucky enough to be close and very friendly with our coworkers. So we invite all of my coworkers a (small 13 person company), a good number of my wife's coworkers (she's a teacher and invite about 10 of her coworkers), and we have about 14 other close friends outside of work, plus everyone's significant others and family. We usually get around 30-50 people each year.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I usually end up with around fifty give or take. My halloween parties are family friendly. Thats how this all started. I moved into a great area for kids to trick or treat and had several friends with small children that lived in areas that areas with little to no trick or treating. So my first halloween in this house I went SUPER overboard. I have done it every year since. I have always been very drawn to Halloween and just loved everything about it. However, the house I lived in before had multiple issues keeping me from doing much there. So now I invite all of our friends, their friends and their families, my co-workers and their friends lol. Its big but not put of control. Its just enough to see everyone and for everyone to talk , get to know each other and enjoy themselves. Luckily I have a coupl of really great friends that help me with everything from start to finsih and my mother in law is a great help!

·
Registered
734 Posts
I run a FB garden group of local people. I started it because I always have extra plants, seeds, etc. to give away.
This year I’m inviting the original 50 members to a Halloween Garden party.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Its taken years to build up our numbers. We started with 20. Now were are up to 50 to 80+ depending on the year. We belong to the SCA, an historical reenactment group. We get a lot of people from there. So your hobbies are a good place to start. Our biggest people grabbing technique is the invitations. We have developed them into a real experience. People love them and that makes them curious about what we might do at the actual party. One example- we made life size jello hearts, put the invitations inside of them in glass vials and put the hearts in biohazard bags. people took selfies cutting them open. It was hysterical.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts