Halloween Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey hey,

Just doing some surfing and I found the Winchester mystery house tour page (http://www.winchestermysteryhouse.com/) the music on there is really awesome. I then came on here and was looking through the posts and someone brought up the Midsomer Murders theme which is also fantastic. Anyone know of any other whimsical, magical haunt music? (Other then Danny Elfman)

Happy haunting

·
Registered
60 Posts
I've used a couple of tracks from the various Harry Potter film soundtracks, for example, 'Secrets of the Castle' from the Prisoner of Azkaban: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrgJkuOQuok

Also, a video game theme song from the game Fable: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgDXgpQU2Xc Strangely this is partly credited to Danny Elfman, but I don't think he was necessarily responsible for the whole soundtrack! You can hear the influence, though.

·
Registered
20,817 Posts
Pumpkinhead625, you chose two songs that I also have in my music library (Jill Tracy's Evil Night Together and The Creepshow's The Garden; excellent picks (of course:D).

Here is another by Jill Tracy that is fantastic (and fully instrumental):

·
Mad Monster Maker
2,671 Posts
Pumpkinhead625, you chose two songs that I also have in my music library (Jill Tracy's Evil Night Together and The Creepshow's The Garden; excellent picks of course:D
The only reason I knew about them is thanks to you. You had posted them in another thread here, and I've since downloaded them to my library.

Here is another by Jill Tracy that is fantastic (and fully instrumental):
I like this song too. One of the albums on my to-buy list is "Into The Land Of Phantoms" by Jill Tracy and the Malcontent Orchestra. It's an all-instrumental album written as a score to F. W. Murnau's silent classic, "Nosferatu". I'd really love to see the film together with the soundtrack.

·
Registered
592 Posts
I like this song too. One of the albums on my to-buy list is "Into The Land Of Phantoms" by Jill Tracy and the Malcontent Orchestra. It's an all-instrumental album written as a score to F. W. Murnau's silent classic, "Nosferatu". I'd really love to see the film together with the soundtrack.
"Into the Land of Phantoms" is terrific. Very "motif"ish ... each character has its own motif, so it can be a bit repetitive but not TOO much. It strikes a nice balance between the kind of music you'd typically hear during silent movies and Ms. Tracy's own styles. I haven't watched the movie with it ... but now I reckon I'd better.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
whoa, great stuff everyone....listening to the "Into The Land Of Phantoms" on iTunes now...think I might have to buy this. Unpleasantville was also really cool. Gonna check out the fable music next. Found an amazing album on iTunes during my search. They are called "2 Steps from Hell" and the album is called Halloween (simple enough) Love the creepiness and they don't have that terrible MIDI orchestra sound that Midnight Syndicate and Nox Arcana has. check em out!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts