Halloween Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which project of yours is the one project that elusively remains a "some day" project. I know we probably all have a long list of future wishful undertakings, (maybe literally?) but if you had to choose the one that's remained tantalizingly out of reach, what would it be?

Mine would be setting up ALL my Halloween Village pieces after re-painting some pieces and building a proper layout. Right now, they are displayed in a 100+ year old bookcase wall with a few pieces displayed on each shelf.

Ahhhh.... but some day...

·
Registered
360 Posts
A church

I want to build a church that would span the driveway. It would have large enough openings for us to still park cars in the garage.

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
I about crippled myself last Fall putting a roof on part of this house. As soon as nice weather arrives I have more roof to put on (BECAUSE IT"S LEAKING!) I have never had the luxury, nor Bank account to hire much work done here. This next roof has been there for at least 15 years and it is a "Special" roof that seems to be collapsing as seen from the street, the rest of the roofing will be going on the 40 foot tall" church spire" I built over the steel frame of a 1947 Radio tower(Very strong item) which should be quite a project since I never got all the roofing on it the first time. Trees in the way, I only have a 40 foot ladder...which really doesn't quite "reach" as you have to angle the ladder to use it.
I ALWAYS have too much to do here. In the Winter I still have a lot of sidewalks here to keep clear and things inside to do.

·
Registered
Hmmmm.....zombies and pirates oh and mad scientists
83 Posts
Mine is a Jack-o-lantern-in-a-box. Complete with pneumatics and sound effects. You crank the handle and a microcontroller sends out a signal to play creepy music then POP out comes the JACK!!!!

·
Halloween Elitist
2,892 Posts
For me it's a carriage hearse and like LairMistress, several spooky trees, for the past several seasons, I've been using real big branches to simulate dried up old trees in my cemetery, I keep them in my backyard but they are an eyesore during the offseason, plus they are already falling apart

·
Registered
606 Posts
Convincing my husband to use projectors outside. Maybe if I built protective housing, he'll consent. He doesn't want the electronics to get stolen, but we only set up that same day, AND he sat outside the night of.

Also I'd like to animate all of my props. I'm going to buy a kit from Spider Hill Prop Works this year to get me started in the right direction.

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
I was laughing my but off awhile ago, I had been thinking about doing it, finally got it all grouped up, dryer lint, Elmer's glue , some latex paints, latex gloves, tape. What am I making on this fine afternoon?
Artificial... Cat turds.
Yes, I am.
Still laughing, just now.........anyone need a "Toot-torial?

·
Creepin' It Real
2,038 Posts
A 5'-6' tall rat king (think Nutcracker, not conjoined tails) sculpted in papier mache, PVC, and hope; covered in black bear fur; and adorned with the bones of his enemies and tribute gleaned from the trash by his subjects.

Some day... :sighs:

·
Somewhat Eccentric
2,320 Posts
Definitely a mausoleum, but not just any mausoleum--I want to make one just like the on Dark Shadows (the late-60s soap, not the movie). I once tried to guesstimate just how any sheets of polystyrene foam I would need for this project and shrieked in terror. :eek: So it would have to be an ongoing project with a little more added to it each year.

Here's how the inside looks:

210-dark-shadows-willie-pull.jpg

1 - 18 of 18 Posts