Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Halloween Elitist
2,891 Posts
Pick the one that fits in the best with your upcoming theme, if you don't have a theme, the harvestor seems pretty standard

·
Registered
3,734 Posts
Have you actually called them, they're a wholesaler and it doesn't look like you can buy just one.

·
The guru is IN
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Really? I've seen people saying that they've got props from Jmarcus.
I know other places to get these props, Jmarcus just seems way cheaper

·
Registered
14,256 Posts
I think the Howler or the Harvester would offer the most versatility for reuse in themes.

I would say apart from availability, what immediately jumps out at you or "speaks" to you should be your first choice. Might also want to seek info from others on here as to what holds up better. All of these were sold by Spirit in the past and you might want to look through old Spirit threads on the props and see what people had to say about them.

·
Registered
14,256 Posts
Really? I've seen people saying that they've got props from Jmarcus.
I know other places to get these props, Jmarcus just seems way cheaper

If they are wholesale, then sure they are "cheaper" as they are selling to resellers. As someone said items will usually be sold in bulk too. Some members here might have bought from them if they have corporate accounts and can provide their tax ID for the order.

·
Premium Member
597 Posts
We own the Howler and the first year we used him he developed a horrible clicking sound when he drops back down. The howling also gets really annoying in my personal opinion.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Pick the one that fits in the best with your upcoming theme, if you don't have a theme, the harvestor seems pretty standard
I agree, pick a theme and go from there... they all look great though.... I could have uses that scarecrow the last 3 years but we changed themes
this year.

·
The guru is IN
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I got my self into a hole, I can't get props that don't fit my theme, because they don't fit my theme (duh) But I can't change my theme because I have too many props that fit that theme.
It's okay though, I love doing the "barn" theme

·
Funeral Crasher
7,449 Posts
I don't really like any of them.

If you get the wolf, make some new clothes for him. He looks like he's wearing a pink nightie.

·
Monster Collector
3,385 Posts
I have Harvester and love him. We've had him for 4 seasons now with no problems. My votes for him.

Reactions: TheHalloweenGuru

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
My neighbor happens to be the town's Veterinary. Mr. Howler might get Them "calls",although lately another neighbor has Two Yappy little dogs that "speak" way too often with really very little to say!
Then we have the dog Groomer right across the alley whose dog "Talks" to himself all afternoon""Wow-wowwow, I'm a good dog, WWHHY am i out here-rear-rear?"
Then we hear the coyotes some nights who can be very loud!
"AWWW! The "Quiet" of the "country"!
I disconnected a few small outdoor speakers I used to use in October,just trying to be a good neighbor.
... but sometimes you wonder?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts