Halloween Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I saw that Hollywood is resurrecting Friday the 13th, it made me wonder about movies that I would like to see remade. My top pick would be to remake a few of the old Sinbad movies. I like the stop motion animation and it does have a cool feel to it, but I think they just beg to be remade with CGI. I'd also like to see The Thing remade. Although JC did a great job on the remake, it would look way cool with CGI. I wouldn't mind a remake of Poltergeist either.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Clash of the Titans!! Totally. But really there's been so many bad remakes. I'd like to see more originality but apparently Hollywood isn't very capable. Like there aren't a lot of great books that can be adapted for film. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
I thought the ending of It was a let down too, that clown really creeped me out though. Maybe a re-make of The pit and the pendulem.

·
Registered
320 Posts
SPARROWS.
It's an old silent classic with Mary Pickford.
From the Sinister Cinema catolog:" An impoverished woman protects a group of orphans from their wicked captor. The scene where Mary leads them through the ghostly swamp to their freedom is very memorable."
Only this time change it up a bit. Mix in a bit of STRANGLER OF THE SWAMP. Make it Mary's JOB to run the ferry raft across the swamp every day. She gets lost in the fog. Finds the orphans used as sweat shop labor. They look at her. She looks at them. They climb on.
Now mix in the Escaped Lunatic From the Arkham Asylum from the ward with guys as strong as bulls and able to take a punch... The guy who was exploiting the orphans is following with his rifle.
Make one minute of screen time equal to one minute of REAL time..
You will never be so happy to see dry land again

1 - 6 of 6 Posts