Halloween Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know some people on here do themes and some don't.

I do themes every year but regardless of the 'story', I always have a graveyard as part of the haunt. The characters change with the theme but I just don't feel it's Halloween without a cemetery.

Do you have a feature that carries over every year? Maybe a prop that always steals centre stage? Or do you create a complete 'redo' every Halloween?

·
Imitation Imagineer
1,114 Posts
We are generally one of a revolving series of themes, but over the last several years, have incorporated one thing into each one no matter what we are doing.

His name is Jaunty, and he originally looked like this:

CG2463.jpg

But, he's had a little bit of work done, and now he's become something of a mascot, and in addition to being in some scene each year, he's really about the only thing that is out year around....here he is hamming it up over the last couple of years:

Jaunty at the pirate party:
IMG_1549.jpg

Jaunty with Pistol Pete:
IMG_1668.jpg

Jaunty as part of the pumpkin chorus:
Tree Arms with Pumpkins and House.JPG

Jaunty likes to be part of the photo op too:

IMG_6560.JPG

·
Far Away Eyes
3,354 Posts
We found this old bistro set for $2 at an estate sale, and we use it in our display every year.

Here it is for our Midnight Carnival last year.

With our pirates the year before.

And the year before that.

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,454 Posts
Once I received Barlowe & then got a coffin to go with him I have to put him out every year! The coffin was soooo heavy & originally just black everywhere. It was a freebie from someone at work & it was that pressed board which is ridiculously heavy so we used it as is the first year then cut it in half & now use it as a groundbreaker & storage. I put the lining in the top half & it works beautifully.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts