Halloween Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Although this will be a Halloween bye year for me, I went out today on a wild mushroom hunt near an old out building where I store all my large tombstones. The section where they were was in an addition to the 65 year old small barn.

Imagine my surprise when I found that the entire addition's roof had collapsed! The main building now has an exposed side and everything in the addition is now buried under heavy rafters, wood, and corrugated tin. Must've happened in the past few days.

Glad no one was inside when it collapsed. If it was that precarious, I am happy that I didn't climb in there this year as I do every year 'round this time. Whew! Honestly, I really think I would've been a pancake if I weren't passing on setting up my cemmie this year.

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The collapse was so complete that I couldn't even see any props. The lighter foam stones are probably damaged. But I mostly stored my PVC fencing, rebar,, and heavy props in the shed. I had about ten very large stones made from super thick foam used in industrial refrigeration trucks. Awesome material, BTW.
So I think those items are all okay. It's just a matter of excavation now.

Funny thing is that last year when I was putting them away, I remember thinking, "hmmmm. Did those rafters shift a bit, or am I imagining it?"

1 - 5 of 5 Posts