Halloween Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks,

I just posted these at my Forum Pic Album.

Video:

Let me know what you think.

-Doc

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Those look great! The wax effect is pretty much perfect. Is it white caulk or did you have to paint it?
Thanks, I used hot glue to be the dripping wax. Then used satin white spray paint.

·
Good Ghoul Gone Bad
747 Posts
They look great! Where did you get your candles or are they hacked? The only ones I can find at the dollar store this year you have to twist on/off, so I'm at a standstill with my candles.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Those look great. I did a couple dozen this weekend as well and noticed that the white spray paint at the end was an excellent finishing touch which really made my clear colored hot glue drips stand out. I'm told you can also find opaque white glue sticks which work well. Well done.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Simply they are ones I found at Joanne's . I cut the cord near the dial switch in the middle, took off the cheapie bulbs, unscrewed off the base. I traced and cut tow donut-like pieces of blue foam board that would fit with the PCV and hold the white center piece of each candle. I fitted them snugly around the candle, and screwed the base back on and replaced the bulb and slide it into the end of the PVC pipe. Then drilled a hole for the curt cord to stick out of. Th en I soldered a few lights together to a heavy-duty extension cork after I cut it's socket end off. Then just hot glue gunned the top donut piece to the top edge pipe.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
7 Participants
Dr. TerrorEyes
Halloween Forum
Halloween forum - Keeping the Halloween spirit alive 365 days a year. Discuss decorations, costumes and more!
Full Forum Listing