Halloween Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Horror off the Highway
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I finally got off my lazy butt and put all the Halloween decorations and props away. I categorized everything and wrote it all on on sheets of paper. Then I stuck the list on every tote that it pertains to. I even went as far ar seperating everyting for outdoor and indoor decor.

It took a couple of hours but it's all done! Now it sits all in my basement in a closet behind the stairs. Satisfied..............and sad.:(

How are you all doing with putting away all your Halloween stuff??

·
Registered
93 Posts
Yard is completely clear, but there are still a few things I need to sort through before I officially pack it all away. Hopefully tomorrow.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Hehe I just finished putting away the last of my stuff today! I left my grim reapers in my drive way, I needed to get a container big enough to store them.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I wish I had a basement...

Most of my Halloween stuff is still out in the living room and I still have my cemetery fence, beef netting webs and my grim reaper still outside. Going to use this weekend to put everything away and try to make room in the garage. My garage is such a mess! It's still going to be a mess once I take out all our Christmas stuff out.

what fun! *rolls eyes*

·
Registered
351 Posts
My daughter and I took most of it down the evening of Halloween. It is all in the Garage, and all the new stuff is in the family room. Been busy at work and I am hoping we get it all cleaned up this weekend.

·
Devilishly Dutch
5,920 Posts
We had everything pretty much broken down on Sunday. But I wanted to organize the boxes a bit more. Did that on monday. Then tuesday, I did all the 'odds and ends' that were laying all over the place.
The big items such as the organ, entry panels and witch will be taken to storage this weekend.
WE HAVE STORAGE NOW!
Pieter's brother in law mentioned to us that he has a basement that he rents and wanted to give it up. We offered to pay half the rent on the basement storage if he would keep it. Its going to be soooo much better than hauling everything in and out of the attic and then from upstairs to downstairs. The only problem with the storage basement is that its on the other side of town. Will have to have someone with a trailer hook on their car help us pick it up and bring it back every year. The trailer is no problem. They have one at Pieter's work that he can borrow whenever needed.

MsM

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
We too are in the middle of a mess. Jerry got the last of the stuff down outside yesterday but the fence pillars are still stitting outside the garage until we get some stuff out of their corner.
As for the inside , well we still got a ways to go. Some stuff is getting packed but some is getting moved into the garage where we will be leaving up our scary scene for when we have our Halloween Xmas party in Dec..

Muf

·
Registered
490 Posts
We are still in the de-ghouling process and hope to be done this weekend. I tried to put everything away last year with their proper vignettes but I found I was using too many boxes and ultimately ended putting things where they would fit. But it sure would make set up a lot easier if everything had it's own box and instructions!

·
Ravenous Zombie
1,196 Posts
I still have some dribs and drabs to put away, the biggest being the huge devil that I bought from Party City. I put away the stone wall covering last night - the walls look really bare now.

·
Registered
814 Posts
Ugh! Still have a few things that need to be packed away...our garage is full and hubby really needs to get them up in the attic.....also, he needs to disassemble the guillotine this weekend .....hoping everything will be packed away by Sunday....:)

·
Registered
12,918 Posts
We have it all down, but are trying to go through it all. I had alot of old stuff I need to donate, and then we had this great idea that we should go through all our Christmas stuff too... Now it is everywhere! Hopefully it will be better organized when we are done.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Wish I could dismantle and store that fast. Took us 6 weeks to build and setup. I hope we can dismantle by Sunday night and then put everything away next weekend ... but I doubt it :eek:

Oh, I did finish the 2008 Haunt Album. Please see the link in my sig below

1 - 16 of 16 Posts