Halloween Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for the original Rat in a Trap. I have seen the new ones that look smashed and dead. I have a prop idea that needs a rat the does not look dead. Anyone seen anything like this. I would really appreciate it. Thanks

·
Registered
13,901 Posts
I am looking for the original Rat in a Trap. I have seen the new ones that look smashed and dead. I have a prop idea that needs a rat the does not look dead. Anyone seen anything like this. I would really appreciate it. Thanks

Somewhere in the past few days I remember seeing one that had a stomach area that moved. I'll have to try to remember where.

ahhh. Thanks to web page history. This is the one I saw. Is it the one you were looking for by any chance or is this the one that you saw and didn't like?
Twitching Rat in a Trap Decoration in Decorations Animatronics / Animations
The web page says it has a video of it but it didn't come up for me.

Here's a different one that doesn't look so dead but rather mangey:
Moving Rat in Trap | Animated Props & D?cor | Halloween Mart

BTW what did the trap look like? was it a mouse trap or a cage?

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It was a trap and was sound activated. Then it jittered around and screamed, scared almost everyone. I had two for years and one quit and the other walked away on Halloween. I had seen someone who modded one to look like it was eating a leg. I thought I would do something like it. If the one in the cage looked better I could use it.

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
My rats in a trap came from a Rural King..it's a farm store so not sure they are anywhere other than IN,OH,IL. Did the ones you had have red glowing eyes and scream and jerk in the trap?

·
Registered
111 Posts
I Bought several at Big Lots last year. They looked much better than those shown in this thread. Pulled the circuit board out of the trap part and inserted them into a fake leg with only the rat showing. When anyone of the rats got triggered by sound they would all pull at the leg for a while like they were eating it. Got some great reactions from a lot of people.

·
Registered
450 Posts
rat

I Bought several at Big Lots last year. They looked much better than those shown in this thread. Pulled the circuit board out of the trap part and inserted them into a fake leg with only the rat showing. When anyone of the rats got triggered by sound they would all pull at the leg for a while like they were eating it. Got some great reactions from a lot of people.
Hi Dead,

Sounds like a wickedly cool prop! Can you post and Video of it?

-Doc

·
Registered
6 Posts
Got one of the rat in a trap that squirms a few years ago from halloween usa. We have used it for diffrent scenes over the years. Best was the year we had a bbq grill set up with the arms & legs and such with the rat. When you opened the grill up and picked it up with a set of bbq tongs and it started squirming around was great. The looks on some of the tots faces was priceless!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts