Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm taking a week off in early October....wondering where to go ?? ( in the usa) Savannah? Salem ma? New Orleans?? Where?? I want to go some place that celebrates Halloween ( not too commercial), has some history of paranormal activity....and has some good ghost tours. Am I asking too much?? I hear a lot about Savannah.....thoughts??

·
Shadow box dancer
1,442 Posts
I'm taking a week off in early October....wondering where to go ?? ( in the usa) Savannah? Salem ma? New Orleans?? Where?? I want to go some place that celebrates Halloween ( not too commercial), has some history of paranormal activity....and has some good ghost tours. Am I asking too much?? I hear a lot about Savannah.....thoughts??
Bang for the buck, I would say Los Angeles!!! There is so much cool stuff. Not sure about first week, but there are tons of haunts and yard haunts!!! I won't go on vacation that time of year because there is WAY too much fun stuff here. Halloweentown and cool events.

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
A terribly silly question for me! I'm on "Vacation"all the time and i have too much fun here to have any desire to go anyplace else, but in a few hours we get to drive 2 hours and sit in a comfy Dentist's chair! He might try to hurt me, but i just laugh the whole time!
One time i was laughing as a Dentist was drilling away. laughing so much he stopped and asked me "Why are you laughing?"

I said, "I'm just sitting here thinking how in maybe 2,000 years ,some archeologist might find my skull,,look at it and say:"Look at how carefully this man's teeth were drilled way back then!"... then if somehow within this mystical universe I could make my jaw snap shut.....as I convince a local spider to "Bark!" at the same time...?
Then my skull could be rolling free again to terrorize someone else in a few hundred years!
I have been to New Orleans maybe 5 times, i found it interesting every time.

·
Registered
902 Posts
We have been in Salem on Halloween night, it was unbelievable. people in costumes,kids running around everywhere, we just sat down in a 400 yr old cemetery and watched everyone.They had the street closed off, so it was nuts, probably the best Halloween I can remember, Also have been in New Orleans, it was cool, lots of voodoo and vampire stuff, but it wasn't Salem.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Last year we planned a trip to Sleepy Hollow, NY. The trip ended up falling through because people cancelled on us, but its a place that I have always wanted to go. Instead we kept it closer to home and traveled to Clarence, NY. Such a cute and quaint little town. It's just outside of Buffalo. We visited the Great Pumpkin Farm. My son had a blast. At night, we drove around to some of the locally haunted areas and stopped at a home haunt. They have a wonderful farmers market with the most yummy treats. We had so much fun!

One of these days though..i would LOVE to go to Salem. Some day!

·
Registered
454 Posts
Haddonfield, IL

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
We love New England in the Fall. Our anniversary is Oct 11, so we try to arrange our vacations around that date.
We've never stayed at the Lizzie Borden house, but that would be a scare-centric activity. And definitely go to Salem, Mass. It is very kitchy, very commercial, but I happily wallowed in the excess!
We've also done Sleepy Hollow in the fall. There are a number of Halloween-related activities. If you go, definitely go see the great jack o'lantern blaze, but get tickets early.

1,276 Posts
I have wanted to go to Salem for Halloween for as long as I can remember. Wanted to go soooo bad last year when they held the Haunt Tour there but it wasn't in the cards. I think it might be interesting to do the Fantasy Fest in Key West... sounds like a halloween version of Mardi Gras, we just missed it when we were down there 10 years ago.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
I was telling my wife about this thread...and itlooks like she's up for another trip th Sleepy Hollow this October!
Last year we had a blast at Knoebel's Amusement Park during their Covered Bridge/Phoenix Phall Phunfest week-end. Its got everything from a huge outdoor craft fair to Halloween-themed amusement park rides, a Halloween parade and get together of roller coaster and dark ride enthusiasts all in a beautiful Pennsylvania Fall setting.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Have I completely missed this question ? Vacation ? October ? My garage testing props setting up the cemetery. Where else ? :eek:

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks to everyone for the great ideas!! I have been to Salem a few times over the years. For me, it was too crowded and cheesy in october....early fall was better. But thats just my opinion. Salem does have a lot to offer.

·
Registered
2 Posts
We went to Point Pleasant, West Virginia one year to see the Moth Man. It was a lot of fun. There is a statue in the middle of town and a great museum about the Moth Man...oh and supposedly the hotel in town is haunted.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts