Halloween Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
where would I get something to loop audio for my three headed dog almost done with it and I think I would like to try and hook it up
to a motion sensor too activate the loop led eyes and hopefully something to give it some bounce.
ohhh and I know nothing about curcet boards

·
Soccer and Lacrosse Dad
1,790 Posts
If the audio is limited to sounds you could hack a motion detector light. Using the test mode on the light the items will run for 5-10 seconds. Use an mp3 player for the audio. Run this off battery, but hook speakers up to the hack. The audio will run continously but only be heard when the motion detector triggers and turns on the speaker.
If you are looking for phrases in your audio, resetting becomes more difficult.
Theres lots of YouTube videos demonstrating the hack.

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
You can buy an electric outlet with a motion detector like this one:

Westek MLC12BC-4 Indoor Plug-In Corded Motion Activated Light Control
http://www.amazon.com/Westek-MLC12B...052&sr=8-2&keywords=motion+sensor+plug+outlet

I paid $6.99 for mine at Ollies Discount Outlet a few years back.

I've gone old school for simple motion sensor sound effects... just a motion sensor plug hooked to the outgoing message of a thrift store answering machine. Simple and reliable.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
that's good but it will be outdoors I think I can do the motion part but what kinda cheep mp player would I need

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
How long does it need to play? I just need 4 hours on TOT night. Any mp3 player with a repeat function would do if it were only the speaker that turned on and off with the motion sensor.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
plane on having it set up from oct 1 through the 31 probly from just before dusk until maybe 9 so about 3 or 4 hours but it also will be facing a very close
street not heavily traveled but it would set it off

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
I'd probably make a build that was self contained and therefore secure near a street. For a month long display, I'd definitely find a way to weather-proof it and run everything on AC - skipping the mp3 player unless you were willing to charge and replace it every day. That sounds like a pain to me. I use a weather-proof speaker from an old crow caller (I told you I preferred Old School!) It's clear and loud and (knock coffin wood) has stood up for over 15 years.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts