Halloween Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
The Evil Spectre
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm scanning through these posts here and noticing a lot of 3 axis skull threads. Though I haven't gone through each one yet, I want to start learning the basics of what the 3 axis skull is and how to go about making one.

I know what the end project does, but where is a good place to learn the basics...where did you all start?

Is there a particular website for basic beginning information? WHat all will I need for one and do you have to have a VSA or whatever?

I'm ready to step up, I just need pointed in the right direction.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Start by reading the my 3-xis skull progress thread started by HalloweenBob. It's got a ton of great information. I've been following this thread since he first created it last year. It was my inspiration. As far as I'm concerned HalloweenBob was the first person who detailed step by step on this forum on how to make your own 3-axis skull.
I don't know if you're planning on making one for this year, but if you are you'd better get going because it's a lot of work. I'm not sure I would want to tackle this project with only a few weeks left.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I sympathise with ya. It is not easy to muddle your way through the 3 axis maze. .. especially for those of us who are electronically challenged. Halloween Bob is the guru though for sure. Unfortunately his thread develped a life of it's own and it's huge and confusing at times. I'm in the process of trying to finish up mine. The only advice I have for you is to start reading HB's thread. Read though....don't read and act...read and read. Your options are limited since graveyardmadness has stopped selling parts...and that adds up to lost time. Good luck!

·
Captain o'th Black Pearl
2,036 Posts
Abandon all hope ye who is ta enter inta' th' 3-axis world... naught! If ye be wantin' ta start with jus' talkin' skulls, naught 3-axis, www.ScaryTerry.com and www.cowlacious.com/halloween_products_and_kits.htm both 'ave talkie-kits usin' bucky skulls. They be pretty easy ta build (twas from cowlicious.com me first skull kit I did start with). Get them from him, an' next year ye can adapt them ta 3-axis using Gym_Ghost's Graveyard Madness kits. Th' roll-ye-own 3 axis skulls be nigh 'ard ta build, jus' time involved, tho ye might get one, possibly two built an programmed before H-hour.. tha be if'n ya was ta call in sick fer the next week 'er two ;)

Most o' us swabs started these back in th' Spring. ..myself, 'ave six skulls tha arrrre ta become 6 jaw-only pirates fer this year as thar be naught enuff time ta get them 3-axis'ed... complainin' they arrre, bu' twas jus thar faults wenchin' an rummin' th year out.. nigh enuff time ta get them completed.. And I, like th' others, began mine in th' Spring..

Good luck mate, an' welcome ta th' Dark Side..

·
Registered
128 Posts
i just built my 3 axis and there still needs to be some tweaking

the left and right head turning is spot on, but the tilting is a whole nother story

thats my 3 axis, I cant figure out how to get the tilt linkages more even

·
Devilishly Dutch
5,920 Posts
i just built my 3 axis and there still needs to be some tweaking

the left and right head turning is spot on, but the tilting is a whole nother story

thats my 3 axis, I cant figure out how to get the tilt linkages more even
If you post this in the 'my 3 axis skull in progress' thread, someone there will probably be able to help or give suggestions. They are great about that kind of stuff.

MsM

1 - 7 of 7 Posts