Halloween Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been searching high and low for places in Canada (Calgary, specifically) that sell large blocks of styrofoam. I am already jealous of you Americans that you can find 4x8 sheets of 2" foam insulation (the best I can find in Calgary is 1" 2x8), but I can't seem to find anywhere that sells large styrofoam,

Can anyone suggest where to look, or what search engine key words to use? Unfortunately, yes, it will have to be Canadian-based, as I just can't come up with any excuse for importing styrofoam that will go over with the missus ;)

As always, any and all help is very much appreciated.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Not for large sheets, but call pharmacists. Some medications are shipped in styrofoam coolers.
Also, visit your hospital and talk to the INPATIENT pharmacist. Lots of hospitals use meds that are refrigerated, and in many hospitals, those coolers get tossed out. They tend to be thicker and denser than foam coolers you buy for beer, but also don't tend to be large. Just ask if you can pick them up once a week.
If you know someone who works at a hospital, ask them to check the loading dock or wherever they dispose of trash. Someone makes the rules about what can and can't be tossed, and where it is stored.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Home Depot, Lowes, Rona? I'm sure they would carry stuff like that. Now, finding it in store would be the problem! LOL!

·
Registered
112 Posts
I have a Plasti-fab- manufacturer of white foam insulation -about 10 min. drive from here. Thinking of giving them a call to see if they sell their damaged seconds or if they have anything thicker available. Maybe there's a similar company in your area you can hit up for goodies...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts