Halloween Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, in my new house I have LOTS of outside lights - but they are all candelabra style bulbs. Cool enough right? Put in those flickering bulbs. But, each one has 4 bulbs! That's a lot of work and lots of bulbs!

So, I was thinking it would be easier and quicker to just put some colored light gels in each. But, I have no idea where to find them.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Try any dj supplier, music store, guitar center, ect... Sam Ash music stores or guitar center are two places that come to mind. Or you could always check eBay.

·
Human Candy Shovel
1,107 Posts
Theatrical supply companies are the best source. The sheets are the size of a cookie sheet, as they were originally made by pouring colored gelatin into baking trays and letting it set (which is why they are called gels). Shopping around online will help get prices down below $7 per sheet. Buying from a local shop, you'll be looking at prices of $8.50 to $10 per sheet.

Start out with a swatch book, which will get you about 200 color samples for around $4. The samples are small enough to be nearly useless - they measure about 2x3 inches.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts