Halloween Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I give up on the wall warts. Where does everyone find used pc power supplies? I've asked everyone I know and they don't have one lying around. Any ideas would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
543 Posts
I have seen them at Goodwill.

You can also look for open items at Fry's Electronics if you have one, but it will only save a few dollars.

·
Registered
275 Posts
What I did was put a wanted ad in Craigslist. Ended up with about 15 supplies for $15. Watch out for Dell supplies. I didn't have much luck with those. I'm sure there is a way to make them work, but due to time constraints, I just used ATX supplies. There are lots of people out there with power supplies just laying around in boxes.

·
Registered
629 Posts
I get mine for free at the local transfer station, the guy there thinks I'm a bit of a loon, but he now just puts stuff in a box for me to come look at once or twice a week.:D

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
dell supply

I have a lead on four of these.

This is the power supply pulled from a Dell Optiplex GX280 Desktop, not tower. It will fit into a similar GX270. They are used but functioning perfectly. I have 4 total, they are $10.00 each. If you want all four, we can make a deal.

The connectors are as follows, 20 pin ATX, 4 Pin 12V ATX, IDE Power, Floppy Power, and a SATA power connector.

Will they work?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts