Halloween Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
6,907 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Love, love, LOVE this stuff! It's one of my favorite decorating tools. I think it makes a big impact and I get comments on it every year!

Outside:
DSC01095.jpg

Inside:
DSC01250.jpg

DSC01258.jpg

DSC01264.jpg

DSC01274.jpg

....and the folks at Trenton Mills are an absolute pleasure :)

·
Lighthearted Halloween
3,795 Posts
Love, love, LOVE this stuff! It's one of my favorite decorating tools. I think it makes a big impact and I get comments on it every year!

Outside:
View attachment 126679

Inside:
View attachment 126680

View attachment 126681

View attachment 126682

View attachment 126683

....and the folks at Trenton Mills are an absolute pleasure :)
AWESOME decor!!!

I too would love to buy some of this. They don't take PayPal? Bummer.

How hard is it to handle? Any tips you can share?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Thanks Hilda!

Onyxkeeper posted the link to Trenton Mills on the third post of this thread. Just go there and follow the ordering instructions. Keep in mind that they truly are a beef netting company that provides a product to meat processing plants. The fact that this just happened to work as a Halloween prop is completely a happy accident for us!! That's why there's not an online store....BUT....they are very pleasant to deal with (or that was my experience anyway). It's not quite the immediate purchase that we've all grown accustomed to these days, but it's worth the extra effort. Just email them and tell them what you want (quantity wise) and they'll shoot you back an email with the total, including shipping to your area. Mail 'em a check or money order and you'll soon have your order.

It comes in a rolled 'tube' (flattened - about 12" across). You cut off the length you want, and cut the tube in order to make a flat piece of material. Then you stretch it out tight (I use staples at my connection points) and cut the holes as you see fit with scissors. It really only stretches in one direction, but once you get the hang of it, it's pretty simple.

I first saw this netting on Ghostess Deanna's site. You wanna talk about amazing interior decor? Check her stuff out at www.theghostess.com.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I emailed them and they sent me a qoute. The smallest amount they will sell is 5 pounds which comes to about $40 including shipping. I am hoping 5 pounds is enough to make some large spider webs in our spider room.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My plan is to stretch a few large pieces like in Hildas photos. I have the jumping spider from Spirit which will be at the end of the room. There will be a spire victim at the entrance to the room. I bought the creepy crawler dvd from atmosfearfx.com. The animated spiders will be project onto the webs, the wall, and the victim. The jumpig spider will trigger people get to the end of the room. I hope the spiders will project on the beef netting good!

·
Lighthearted Halloween
3,795 Posts
My plan is to stretch a few large pieces like in Hildas photos. I have the jumping spider from Spirit which will be at the end of the room. There will be a spire victim at the entrance to the room. I bought the creepy crawler dvd from atmosfearfx.com. The animated spiders will be project onto the webs, the wall, and the victim. The jumpig spider will trigger people get to the end of the room. I hope the spiders will project on the beef netting good!
I WISH those were my photos! They belong to GuitarGal!

Thanks for all the info and advice GuitarGal. :)

Hauntcrazy ~ remember to share pictures when you are done. That sounds freaking fantastic!!! :D

·
Registered
93 Posts
Thanks again Hilda!! You're too kind :) The important thing is to get them stretched pretty tight. The holes will just kinda make themselves when you make a cut with scissors. It's very cool stuff!!

Hauntcrazy ~ I bought a ten pound box several years ago and I just went and looked and I've barely made a dent in it. The beauty part is that you can reuse them and it actually makes it easier after the first year because you don't have to cut them. All you have to do is staple them up! After several uses they will get runs in them (think pantyhose), but they're generally far enough up on my walls that you really can't even tell once they're up.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts