Halloween Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello all,

I am looking for advice on where to buy a few things. First of all, where is the best place to find the styrofoam heads? I will try some wig shops, but any other ideas for 2nd hand ones for cheap in bulk [like 5-10?]

Also, where do you thing the cheapest 18" blacklight might be found? walmart? any other suggestions?

and last but not least... I really like the inexpensive foam skulls that I found at walmart last year... the ones used here: http://www.halloweenforum.com/tutor...aking-skull-torches-out-basic-tiki-torch.html
can anyone offer any info on them, or any idea how to get them cheapber in bulk again [5-10 maybe]

thanks for any leads, anything might help.... i'm trying to limit my budget, i don't really have much this year. I am planning on doing quite a few tombstones and pumpkinrot-style props, and I love those skulls for a starting point, the shape and texture are great, and they look halfway descent to start out with if I decide to use them in other ways.

thanks.

·
Registered
619 Posts
You can pick up the styrofoam wig heads at any Sallys Beauty Supply Store and you can get them online as well. At Sally's they were less that $4 each. I think the foam skulls at walmart last year were $4? I don't remember. If you're trying to save money you can always buy one of each and make as many copies as you want with paper mache.

As for the blacklight, really no idea. I'd check Spencers. No idea of what the cost is though.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Google for wig heads...several resources - should be around $4 or less. And while light, they are bulky, so compare shipping costs before deciding on a vendor.

I did not check prices, but I tend to use bulbamerica.com for most lighting equipment.

·
Seer of All
2,939 Posts
Yep, Sally Beauty Supply has the best price I've found and they're located at almost every strip mall I've been to. I think I paid around $3 for mine. Whatever you do, don't get them at HobbyLobby, where they are around $10 each!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks everyone. I will definitely have to check out sally. Spencers could be a good source for the blacklight, I'll have to price it. I'm hoping less than $20, I remember seeing some for $10 somewhere one of the past few years, but forget where.

I wish there was a way to search online for that foam skull and see if anywhere sells them cheaper. maybe I'll just have to google "foam skull" lol.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I've always gotten the foam heads at Party City if you have those in your area. For 18" black lights Walmart in the lighting sections sometimes has them. I now I got a few there a couple of years ago for around $10 each. You can also sometimes get lucky at Big Lots again in the lighting section.

·
Registered
144 Posts
If shopping local retail - blacklights will only go up in price between now and then.

Pick one and buy sooner rather than later.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts