Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys-
I'm trying to find a good deal on spools of stranded, insulated copper wire. I'm thinking about 28AWG (actually, probably get some of 28awg, 24awg, 18awg, and 14awg). I've been searching online, but striking out. The 28awg is the most important, and no one sells it.
Ideas???

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah- they don't carry it either! It's really odd! They sell everything else EXCEPT WIRE (they DO sell 22awg, but that's it!)

·
Funeral Crasher
7,449 Posts
Allelectronics.com has several wires in different gauges. I don't know if any of those would work for you or not.

·
BAD INFLUENCE
11,457 Posts
Try jameco.com, they have 28 gauge wire, 100' roll for $23.35 according to their catalog.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Didn't find any at Fry's, or at alltronics and whatnot. Jameco seems pretty expensive. I can't believe it's this hard to find this stuff...

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I don't see it there- all that stuff is 'flat' or 'tele' wires with multiple wires hooked with it. I just need single, 28-30awg insulated stranded wires. Am I missing it?

·
Registered
591 Posts
and you have looked at radio shack?and lowe's and home depot? What is it you need to do with it?why 28? why stranded and why wouldn't bell wire work? I'll look around and see if I can find some.Also how much do you need?

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I need it to wire single LEDs... but the wire needs to be flexible, so NO Solid core. Needs to be insultated. I'd like 500', depending on cost. Black jacket preferred... Yes, checked all those places- NODDA. I COULD use Cat5- but man, that's expensive and a pain to strip them all out...

·
Registered
591 Posts
I think I found what you need if not call them and I'm sure they can hook you up.
Interstate Wire Co., Inc.
They have an online catalog too.

·
BAD INFLUENCE
11,457 Posts
also try Mcmaster Carr, they have 26 gauge 300 volt for $4.92 /100' for 500' or more.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yeah- saw that... but Mouser seems VERY expensive. $28 + shipping for 100'? That's pricey, IMO...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts