Halloween Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so now that Halloween is behind us and the stores will no longer be carrying Halloween decor. I was wondering where everyone buys there Halloween supplies to build for the next year? I.E. Buckys, skeleton heads, costumes, etc. so I can build props in the off season. I am ordering a lot of my animations and pneumatic prop stuff from like Fright Props, Monster Guts etc. but what are some other good places to buy during the off season to make props outside of HD and Lowes of course.

-Thanks

·
Going bump in the night..
3,388 Posts
Personal experience has been that any brick-and-mortar store that sells Halloween related items in the off season, usually does so at a full retail price - not that I can blame them, but sadly full retail is invariably expensive.

Having said that, one place I do go online to for Bucky's and other bones is SkeletonStore.com - they'll have specials and sales throughout the year, and they might even be able to offer a business discount for a "professional" haunt that is rather small...like, garage sized or whatever.

...and of course, all of our haunts are damned good, so that's professional, right??
(doesn't hurt to ask)

I do like their BagO'Bones...no telling just what wonderful bones you'll find, and what you can do with them...

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
I thought Party City had a ton of different things that I didn't even see at Spirit. So I went nuts and bought some $200 in props after the 50% discount. I went to Spirit early but not early enough I guess...the only thing I wanted there was a 6 foot Grim Reaper but alas they were gone. On a positive note these gems at party city are going to be all pnemanic. You have to look outside the box when buting some of these props. Need to build 4 major props by next halloween. These include.

Air Cannon
Jumping/Spitting spider
Thrashing bound inmate to a metal panel
8 foot long scissor prop with a zombie that stands some 15 feet high.

Should be fun and can't wait to get started.

Halloween was amazing here everything went very smooth.

·
You Rang?
1,079 Posts
Costumes; Goodwill (or any thrift store) Go periodically through out the year
Pneumatics; Ebay, cylinders and valves
Controllers; simplecircuitboards.com the cheapest I've seen but not a lot of features
Misc Electronics: The standard Surplus houses here's a couple
herbach.com
allelectronics.com
jameco.com

·
Banned
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Costumes; Goodwill (or any thrift store) Go periodically through out the year
Pneumatics; Ebay, cylinders and valves
Controllers; simplecircuitboards.com the cheapest I've seen but not a lot of features
Misc Electronics: The standard Surplus houses here's a couple
herbach.com
allelectronics.com
jameco.com
The places to buy pneumatics I have taken care of as well as animatronics and controls. I have pretty much all my bases covered to purchase things during the off-season with the exception of buckys and skulls to corpse. Those are the only places I can not find items for cheap.

·
Registered
167 Posts
We're very fortunate to have an open-year-round HalloweenMart (Halloween Experience open-to-the-public warehouse) here.
Really? Thats cool. Maybe I can convince the Mrs. to take a drive down there sometime! Where exactly are they? I couldnt find an address on their website.

·
STARK Raving Mad
937 Posts
Really? Thats cool. Maybe I can convince the Mrs. to take a drive down there sometime! Where exactly are they? I couldnt find an address on their website.
South Decatur, just north of the 215. Come down US95, all the way through town, exit onto the 215 (to the right - West, I think). The first exit is Decatur Blvd. Exit & go right. HalloweenMart is about a half mile up on the right.

6230 S Decatur Blvd (at Post Rd)

·
Registered
34,922 Posts
Shopping during the off season is great. You have more time to shop around for the best prices and have plenty of time for shipping.

·
Mistress of Darkness
1,689 Posts
Shopping during the off season is great. You have more time to shop around for the best prices and have plenty of time for shipping.

I agree but then everything is already boxed up when the new stuff arrives and so I have to find even MORE space to store the new stuff and I just really don't have much room left so ....

*sigh*

But I just can't stop myself!!!! lol!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts