Halloween Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know it's early but by next halloween I would like to add some animatronic talking pirates to my display. I'm not sure I want 3axis yet. However I would like to start saving up and would like some help figuring everything I would need out. Can I just remove the head from one of my costco skellies and mount one on there? Do I need anything else besides the skull and sound? I really like the ones from audioservo it was wondering are there other suppliers? They seem to have really good products and very decent pricing. The ones at frightprops seem to be much more expensive. Audioservo seems like it's pretty easy to get going from what I read on their site. Any other info would be greatly appreciated. I see there are quite a few people here that are well versed in this area. I would really appreciate the help. I must have animatronic pirate next year. LoL.

·
Registered
270 Posts
I have an original Scary Terry from Cowlacious, I fried my board and got another from audioserver and it was a bit cheaper... now I know Cowlacious offers build your own kits that saves money... not sure if Jack from audio server does... but you can ask him. Great guy and willing to help out.
So, both are good... just plan on paying around $100... or... someone posted the other day they took a $4 Walgreens skull and did the same thing... really comes down to your skill level!

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I can honestly say my skill level is well below par for the course. It's going to have to be a complete build skull for me. I did see the wlagreens skull and was very envious of those skills. It's worlds away from my abilities though. Maybe someday. But I not holding my breath a bit. Not too sure on a kit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts