Halloween Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going a little nuts this year. 3 new pneumatics (Jumping spitting spider, Thrashing siren, Poison props Reaper Creeper) a couple big props. I'm running out of room in the basement. Not to mention I have to build a 8x6 foot wooden rack for my sceaming trashing siren. Just made 80 feet PVC fence (10 8 foot sections)I need to buy a huge compressor to handle these 3 props. This is crazy but in a good way. Christmas section makes me laugh in comparision. I hate to think eventually I'll have to "out with the old, in with the new" because of spacing issues.

I guess the keyword here is "breakdown" but some of thse props really make me wonder. Crypt for a FCG? Do you break it down or just start over the next year with new material?

·
The Evil Apparitionist
555 Posts
The question is: "where do I not store it?"

Shed, Garage, Attic, Workbench, Halloween Workbench (yes I have one dedicated).

I will soon be building a shop (a single car garage) to house it all. Another idea would be to build a large crypt, weatherize it and store everything in it.

·
Psychomaniac
623 Posts
I have a large warehouse at my shop and I still worry about where to put everything! The small stuff that can go on pallets is easy. It's the bigger props (like the 8' long by 7' tall mad scientist control panel I'm building) that I have problems with! If I did have the shop I'd have to rent a storage unit (or give up).

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
7,329 Posts
Store? You mean you put your Halloween AWAY? :eek:

Actually, I have a large area in the garage that has stacked rubbermaid containers and the big stuff like my crypt breaks down into flats and is leaned up against the wall. http://www.halloweenforum.com/halloween-props/76827-my-full-sized-crypt-collapses-storage.html

A small amount is kept in the house in spare room closets.

If it can't break down, stack or compress, I can't get it. I promised that my hubby could always park a car in the garage. Thank heavens that he likes small cars! :D

·
Registered
725 Posts
My dream home would have a large morton building. My projects are limited to two things: Cost and where it will be stored.

But so far the rafters on top of the garage a fairly open so that is where most of the big things will go. Weather sensitive items go under the stairs. And stuff like my boxes for the big scream dvd illusions will be converted into wood boxes in my garage.

·
Pumpkin w/ BIG stem
895 Posts
most of it garage, and the big stuff in the tornado/ hurricane shelter under the house

·
Registered
400 Posts
I finally had to rent a 10' x 24' storage garage, and had no problem filling it up. I'm thinking I may have to rent a bigger one!

·
Registered
312 Posts
Storage? I've long since max'd out my storage space. I have things in my shed, in my home office but mostly in one of our attics. Everything has to be made to break down into smaller peices for stacking or for taking up less space. We have an empty crawl space under one section of our house that I am going to start using next which has a 30" x 30" door so whatever I create it has to break down to fit through that door.

·
crossfit zombie
7,569 Posts
My crypt and fence I leave outside.I will have to spot paint some of the fence and replace the black liner I put in the back of the crypt but other than that everything looks good.I am going to redo my crypt after this year.everything else is in a special building my husband built for me to store and work in.

·
Registered
449 Posts
About half of our garage is devoted to prop storage. Luckily it's one of those stupid garages that's one car wide but 2 cars deep, so it was very awkward to park in anyway. We never used it for anything but storage, even before we got into Halloween decorating.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts